C4, the Remote Detonator & You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4, the Remote Detonator & You!

Have you ever been in a situation where you just planted some C4 where it could do some major damage but then get shot down afterwards when you get spotted by an enemy troop holding a noob toob or a G3 or sunfin and even pressed the button to detonate the C4 but even though the sound for detonation had sounded, the C4 did not function and you died ALL BECAUSE you couldn't switch to the remote detonator fast enough because the game can't register you pressing the right-mouse button as soon as possible? Yeah, I have too.

I believe in the next patch maybe, they should make the C4 weapon have you holding C4 in your left hand and a remote detonator in your right and you would have the option to do vice-versa if you're used to detonating C4 in your left hand. That, and a ***** patch.

Often, I press the right-mouse button and I don't switch to C4 immediately so half a second later, I press it again which causes me to switch to the remote detonator but, as I press the button to blow it up, I realize that the game DID registered my first right-mouse button click and a visual shows my hands pressing the button on the remote detonator which also makes an audible "beep" but instead, lays C4 on the ground frustrating me to no end as I get killed by a LAV-25 (#?) or an M1A2 or sunfin.

Are you also frustrated by this? IT IS SO ANNOYING THAT IT DOESN'T BRING UP THE REMOTE DETONATOR IMMEDIATELY! ARGHUS!

Re: C4, the Remote Detonator & You!

Something like this happened to me today... but not enough to get frustrated over.

Comment

it happened to me last night that i had just planted c4 perfectly, and as i was running away, i got tked. that ****ed me off so bad, because it did no good at all, and i could have solved an infultration problem...

Comment

Meh... It's frustrating, I'll give you that, but it's rather easy to adapt. All you have to do is a fast, consecutive press of the right mouse button, then the left. It's essentially a flam in drumming terms. Works flawlessly everytime. Can't do it to quick though because it will sometimes register the right click a bit late, nulling your left click. Just practice a bit. I have no problems with it now that I've figured this out.

Comment

This has been happening to me so much lately that i even came to make a thread on teh subject "c4 switch" and after i made i realized this post. it really torques me with anger thats for sure.

Comment

Yeah, that's what we need, a way to make the C4 even MORE broken than it is!

No way, this stuff needs to be scaled back as it is...a super powerful handgrenade/mine is just not needed in this game.

Take care,

Rick

Comment

get rid of the det animation completely. it should be just right click = boom. the det animation is just a gimick.

Originally posted by Do0minator
              No way, this stuff needs to be scaled back as it is...a super powerful handgrenade/mine is just not needed in this game.
              scaled back? hardly. though you are a tank whore so your opinion is understandable.

Comment

lol glasseye i love your posts they all just crack me up, especially this one. are you a guy or girl?:hmm:

Comment

lol glasseye i love your posts they all just crack me up, especially this one. are you a guy or girl?
                  I think BuffaloSoulja is attempting to hit on you glasseye :hmm:

I disagree with glasseye though. There would be too many finger slips to blow your teammates to hell. The detonator is your buffer. And like I said earlier, you can get the same effect by just skipping the animation and executing the clicks without waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by x3phyr
                    I disagree with glasseye though. There would be too many finger slips to blow your teammates to hell. The detonator is your buffer. And like I said earlier, you can get the same effect by just skipping the animation and executing the clicks without waiting for it.
                    yep yep yep

PS cyper are you old enough for this game if you like yu-gi-oh

Comment

It's not just the C4 and the remote that's bugged. It's the way Battlefield is able to recognize key strokes. I'm sure some fast typers out there will have noticed the game sometimes skips letters when you use the in-game chat, or if you hit a letter at the main end of your message and quickly hit enter, it sometimes registers that key in game and you perform the action, when it was typed in the chat. I think the way the game recognizes all user-input needs to be revamped. (which would fix the C4 problem as well )

Comment

There's a similar problem with the grenade launchers, if you click to fire like a half second before you die, nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by -aK-BuffaloSoulja
                          lol glasseye i love your posts they all just crack me up, especially this one. are you a guy or girl?:hmm:
                          he's a guy weekdays and susan at weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy_(NL)
                            There's a similar problem with the grenade launchers, if you click to fire like a half second before you die, nothing happens.
                            o shut up its the noob tube what really do you have to worry about besides seeing a guy and clicking the trigger then realoading and do it all over again.

Comment

My main annoyance with it is when I'm in the middle of c4ing a tank and I plant 2 on it, turn around and run away, switch to remote and hit the button, but oops the game immediately switched back to the c4 from the remote without registering the blow. This causes me to throw another c4. In which case if I realize it and I have to run even FURTHER without getting killed, or if I don't realize it, I blow the c4 and kill myself.

Love that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X