Mouse Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mouse Buttons

i have a razer diamondback, and my left 'thumb' buttons are like the mouswheel, but i don't use them. anybody know how i can bind them to something else?

Comment

I have the MX518. The sensitivity increase/decrease are the same, my large thumb button is the F9 view, little thumb button is the F10 view. Middle click selects the knife, application switch button is disabled (it's seems awkward to me).

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBannon
        Who changed their mouse buttons and to what? I got the Logitech MX1000. Right now, the only extra thing I use is the wheel to cycle through weapons.
        got same mouse. I just use the wheel to cycle weapons and the back button on the side for teamspeak talk...thats it :|:

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
          Talus,

I installed the uber software, and set up my mouse and keyboard again like i had before.. but how can i for example bind leftscroll on my mx1000 to a key so only battlefield will recognize that keypress?

can u please explain what should be done to bind all the mouse buttons to the game. I didn't find any answers on that logigamer forum.

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBannon
            How did you add the tilt? When I try to add the button, it doesn't take, just remains blank.
            Read my above post.it contains a link to a fan-made app that adds another feature to the SetPoint settings screen. It gives you application specific settings. You can edit ALL of the buttons there.

Make sure you're running the latest SetPoint version.

Comment

Originally posted by vim
              Talus,

I installed the uber software, and set up my mouse and keyboard again like i had before.. but how can i for example bind leftscroll on my mx1000 to a key so only battlefield will recognize that keypress?

can u please explain what should be done to bind all the mouse buttons to the game. I didn't find any answers on that logigamer forum.

Thank you very much
              Are you running the latest SetPoint drivers for the MX1000?

Anyway, load the 'Settings' program that installs with the SetPoint drivers, or right click on the Logitech icon in the tray and select 'Mouse Settings'.

This brings up a settings screen.

If you installed the tweak correctly, you'll see a section called:
              1a. Select Program in the lower left
              There will be a drop-down box where you select the application to program and a button called 'Manage Programs' where you add new .exes to the drop-down list.

So, click 'Manage Programs' and then 'Add...' and then browse to the BF2.exe executable and highlight it and click 'Open' (or simply double click BF2.exe).

Now, select BF2.exe from the drop-down list. Once BF2.exe is shown there you can edit all of the mouse button functions by first selecting a button under '2. Select Button' and then by clicking 'keystroke assignment' under '3. Select a Task' which will bring up a text box and simply click in there and then press the keyboard key you want to assign it to.

Don't forget to click 'Apply' or 'Ok' when you're all done.

Comment

Are you running the latest SetPoint drivers for the MX1000?
                http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...contentid=9409

Anyway, load the 'Settings' program that installs with the SetPoint drivers, or right click on the Logitech icon in the tray and select 'Mouse Settings'.

This brings up a settings screen.

If you installed the tweak correctly, you'll see a section called:
                1a. Select Program in the lower left
                There will be a drop-down box where you select the application to program and a button called 'Manage Programs' where you add new .exes to the drop-down list.

So, click 'Manage Programs' and then 'Add...' and then browse to the BF2.exe executable and highlight it and click 'Open' (or simply double click BF2.exe).

Now, select BF2.exe from the drop-down list. Once BF2.exe is shown there you can edit all of the mouse button functions by first selecting a button under '2. Select Button' and then by clicking 'keystroke assignment' under '3. Select a Task' which will bring up a text box and simply click in there and then press the keyboard key you want to assign it to.

Don't forget to click 'Apply' or 'Ok' when you're all done.
                wow thank you so much! It works like a charm

I didn't had the last setpoint version so the "select program" wasn't even there.

Great:yay:

Comment

Enjoy your 'new mouse'

Comment

Enjoy your 'new mouse'

It's not new anymore -lol. I did have to remove the uber install because it screwed with my other applications. Are there any others?

Comment

You can try the LogiGamer app from http://www.logigamer.com

If you're having problems with other apps, then try using the manual installation method and use the NoAppOverrides version of the .XML file.

One thing I have learned is to NOT use the 'Generic Button' settings for mouse buttons 4 and 5.

Comment

mx518 push wheel = prone side button zoom map(commander mode) other button weapon switch nade launcher/ c4/at

Comment

I just found out it's the new setpoint software screwing things up. I just recently upgraded to 2.4.

Comment

Hehe..hopefully I mentioned that in one of my posts in this thread ...

(looks up to be sure)

YUP

So you have it all working now?

Cuz there is a really simple way to only add the application specific settings...with the newer versions of SetPoint, they ADDED the application specific feature but disabled it for some reason. All that is required to activate it again is a simple file edit. But this is the reason it only works with newer SetPoint versions.

Edit your device's .xml file (C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\Devices\PointingDevice\100 0040\100004.xml for the MX1000) and change this:

Code:
                            <Device DisplayName="MX 1000 Laser Mouse" Class="PointingDevice" Model="16777280" NumberOfButtons="10">
                            To this:
                            Code:
                            <Device DisplayName="MX 1000 Laser Mouse" Class="PointingDevice" Model="16777280" NumberOfButtons="10" AppTier="2">
                            I really should just make an entire thread with all of the information in one place sometime...

Comment

So I can do application specific settings without having to install anything else?

Comment

Yup...what that simple tweak, you get application specific settings direct from Logitech.

Don't you just LOVE hidden gems?

Comment

Working...
                                X