Possible Hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Hack?

I was playing on Sharqi and I spawned at the bottom MEC start flag and hopped in the chopper.

As soon as I was in the air, I get the missile lock warning.

A few seconds later I'm dead.

So, I blow up the AA at our flag right before I get back in the chopper.

Same thing, so I fly along the road and hide behind the mountains.

Any time I went above the mountains, immediately I got the missile lock tone.

Is this some kind of hack or what? I don't think any of the AAs in the city could hit that area.

Re: Possible Hack?

Could have been the one on the rooftop of the southern flag. I think that one can reach almost all the way to the southern MEC uncappable flag.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Hit F10 next time it happens and see where the missile is coming from. Follow it. There are rumors that hacks are coming out that increase lock-on distance, but nothing that lets you lock in from anywhere (as far as I know...)

~Salad

Comment

If it's just the lock on tone you are talking about, this could have been triggered by the anti-tank's rocket launcher lining you up in their scope. Just a guess.

Comment

no, to my knowledge, lock on tones are only caused by AA missiles

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
            Could have been the one on the rooftop of the southern flag. I think that one can reach almost all the way to the southern MEC uncappable flag.
            This is the answer. The southern flag's AA can hit the MEC helo spawn. It's lame, but that's the way it is.

Comment

And TOWs, aircraft, APC etc.

Comment

Pretty much anywhere you can get a lock. Especially from the hotel flag.

Comment

It is a hack. I'm not going to link to the website in which I read it, because the more people who know how to do it, the lamer the game will become. But it is indeed a cheat. I personally, that I'm aware of, have not experienced this yet.

I happened to stumple upon the place searching google for a answer to my connection problems. I bookmarked it just so I could keep an eye on what the cheating lamers are talking about though. It's funny to watch them cry when they get banned by PB though . Hopefully EA or PunkBuster will fix this problem.

P.S. Why can't I post to this website with Firefox!?

Comment

must be a prob with your browser man, because i use firefox and its fine for me. better than IE

Comment

IE for teh win

Comment

was it a plane

Comment

Conscript has a point, some jet pilots are bloody fast in them things. Might have been just circling that area waiting for the slow easy chopper kill.

Comment

Plane on Sharqi, huh? Anyway, it was probably the stinger from the coast stinger. This one is really dangerous, as it can track you all the way from the city to the repair pad and still kill you there.

Comment

I often use anti-tank gear to scare off choppers, the laser warning tone causes them to drop flares and get a bit worried even if I have no missiles left. Keep any laser on the chopper long enough and they get warning tone.

As for Sharqui, yes the southern flag can blast the TV tower with AA if they cap it.

Comment

Working...
                              X