Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does anyone play on official EA servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does anyone play on official EA servers?

Now that summer vacation is over and I'm back at work I can now only play on my teams server on weekends. This is because I live in Japan and by the time I get home, our server (in the US) is empty or doesn't have the minimum number of players.

So far, I've been playing on clan servers. Tonight I went and played on a few offical servers. OMFG! For starters, the level of competition is so much lower that it's almost too easy to rack up points. Combine this with no admin, lots of lag and 90% of the players being griefers and cheap tactic exploiting fools and you end up with an anoying and boring game.

I can't believe all the people that post here and refuse to play on clan servers! Sure, you might get kicked unexpectedly from time to time but it beats the hell out of the alternative. I've found that if you act respectfully on a clan server you will rarely get kicked though.

On second thoughts, why am I bothering? Maybe it's better for people who like the kind of gameplay on EA servers to stay there - it will no doubt help to improve the level of play elsewhere.

Re: Why does anyone play on official EA servers?

I avoid them like the plauge.
    Clansevers are just better. Most of them are lower pinged, more powerful machines and have admin fearing people in them that police the idiots

Comment

maybe you could post some IP,S to these great clan servers the only ones i have found have been run by idiots

Comment

I'm sure there are some fools out there running servers but I've never come across them.

Looks like you're in the UK so this probably won't be helpful but if you want to try a well admined server then try ours. IP: bf2.iron-phoenix.com (I know that looks like a web address but if you type it into the IP box you will connect.)

I really can't remember the names of the other clan servers I've been playing on recently but they've all been well looked after, lag free and have skilled players.

Comment

THanks i am in the uk but my best pings come from us servers weird as that sounds

Comment

ours ^^^

[QUOTE=IRONxMortlock]found that if you act respectfully on a clan server you will rarely get kicked though.[QUOTE]

exactly. If you play on the same server regularly, when choosing someone to kick to make space, you will be avoided most of the time, in preference of people who have never played there before.

Comment

Once you find a good clan server, you're set - no more searching. Sure, there are those out there that have smacktards as admins, but there are also a lot that have good admins/players. So once you find a good clan server, it's best to just stick to that for the best gaming experience. One benefit of this (at least this is how we do it) is that if you're a regular on the server, the admin usually won't kick you to make room for a clanmate, but will move down the list to the next person.

Comment

I play on Ea's (think it's No.29)uk 64 player and get no lag, got to pick correct squad for teamwork otherwise it is everyman for himself really (even if there are lots of squads).

Comment

Because on EA servers I don't get kicked if I take "admin's" chopper/tank/whatever.

I do like {SAS} (UK) server though, there was always a good gameplay there.

Tried Alpha9 as well, but they seem to be running (or they used to when I was playing) city maps only. I prefer non-city maps these days.

And I found some very good (attack) chopper gunners on EA Europe official servers, so I have nothing against those servers. It takes a bit of 'cycling' to find EA server w/ good play, but it's possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X