Single shots on automatic mode and single shots on single shot mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single shots on automatic mode and single shots on single shot mode

Is there any difference in accuracy? People say they often switch to single shot. Why? Won't the gun be as accurate if you fire single shots in automatic mode at the same pace you can shoot in single-shot?

Re: Single shots on automatic mode and single shots on single shot mode

Originally posted by Unf0cused
    Is there any difference in accuracy? People say they often switch to single shot. Why? Won't the gun be as accurate if you fire single shots in automatic mode at the same pace you can shoot in single-shot?
    I think it's because they do it to restrain themseleves, sometimes youaccidentaly shoot 2-3 rounds insteadof one, and it's easier to give away your position. I dunno, but with guns like the G36C, i always keep the selector to auto, there's like no recoil.

Comment

Theoretically, yes, it should be the same to just tap the mouse and fire one bullet at a time and leave it in full auto, but like Eddy mentioned, it's possible to accidentally fire off more than one round at a time and that would screw up the recoil time. Leaving it on single-shot mode is more reliable if you want long-range accuracy in my experience.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I have noticed on the AK-101 in particular. In auto mode it recoils more doing single shots. Listen, there is somekind of second blast that sounds like you fired 2 instead of only 1. Switching to semi reduces this recoil making you more accurate over time.

Comment

What about the way that the crosshairs converge slightly more when set to single shot? Isn't there different accuracy settings programmed in for the guns when on the different firing modes?

Comment

This may be a bit off from topic, but i get guys who jump to prone then fire like 3 shots and im dead, would they be using auto or semi, i cant tell because the shots are so fast but so deadon.

Comment

burst on an m16? Maybe an lucky headshot?

Comment

Doing single shot in Automatic mode is less accurate than proper single shot mode.

I see it with the ak weapons, the Spec Ops guns for USMC and MEC.

Comment

Working...
                X