MD5 Errors on Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD5 Errors on Install?

First off my game worked for like two months just fine. Then I got that damn "Modified Content" error. Well in the process of reinstalling prolly 20 times now the game started getting these MD5 errors and zip file would fail to install right. After uninstalling I've run 3 different registry cleaners and manually gone into regedit and deleted everything even the serial thing in microsoft/windows/current version/uninstall. I went back to Best Buy and got a new copy. Nope. Same problem. Any ideas....? I'm guessing if I want to get this to work I may have to reformat but I'm not about to bother doing that just for a game.

Re: MD5 Errors on Install?

Originally posted by aeonrevolution
    First off my game worked for like two months just fine. Then I got that damn "Modified Content" error. Well in the process of reinstalling prolly 20 times now the game started getting these MD5 errors and zip file would fail to install right. After uninstalling I've run 3 different registry cleaners and manually gone into regedit and deleted everything even the serial thing in microsoft/windows/current version/uninstall. I went back to Best Buy and got a new copy. Nope. Same problem. Any ideas....? I'm guessing if I want to get this to work I may have to reformat but I'm not about to bother doing that just for a game.
    Hi bud yep i think i have a solution for ya, as this has been brought up before now. I can link ya if you wish?
    You seem to be PC savvy so do the "memtest" on your RAM I bet it show red. if you have more that one stick then do a test on each individual stick to show the bad one.
    PLz post back with results.

Comment

Ah ok I'm at their website but not entirely sure which version I should grab... durrr I feel like I'm staring at a brick wall on their site lol. It says there are limited operations that can be done without using a bootable disc but is that what you think I need to do or should I just burn a disc and do that? Anyhoo thanks for the help so far

Comment

i had same problem until i installed the game on a different hard drive, now works great. Try wipping your free space to ensure all the old info is gone and not getting re-used. Try a program called eraser, it will wipe all your free space to 00000 instead of just deleting the file system refrence to the info.

Comment

Try the memtest on floppy first m8 it should show up on that, and it's the lesser of the two evils, then have a go at oddballs ting.

Hi odd-ball respect man, how you doing?

The link is full of ideas but stick with one and if it don't work move on to the next, as has been said in it, the problem is similar to many but the solution different.
          This is the link the above http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14208 it will give you some more ideas if you get lost odd ball posted here as well, he knows what he's talking about.

Plz let us know how you get on!

Comment

Working...
          X