Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I give commands to my soldiers in the SPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I give commands to my soldiers in the SPM?

I am new player of BF2 - Single player mode. Currently, when I make myself Commander, I use the Q key to give a command to my soldiers. However, the soldiers do not follow any of my commands. How do I give commands to my solders? Also, when I create a custom squad in single player mode, how do I assign soldiers to the squad? Thanks for your help.

Re: How do I give commands to my soldiers in the SPM?

Did you ever that you can't do it because DICE sucks at making good AI?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
      ...DICE sucks at making good AI?
      Thou speakest blasphemy! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by sudin36
        I am new player of BF2 - Single player mode. Currently, when I make myself Commander, I use the Q key to give a command to my soldiers. However, the soldiers do not follow any of my commands. How do I give commands to my solders? Also, when I create a custom squad in single player mode, how do I assign soldiers to the squad? Thanks for your help.
        1. Just use the commander screen, press caps lock while commander, right clicks is your friend then

2. Manage squads, check the names of the people you want

Comment

I think they actually try and follow your orders too. Strange idea that.

Now in multiplayer..."Squad 4, attack this position." "Okay!" Then you watch as he moves away from the objective.

I think there needs to be a 3rd option to accompany yes and no. There needs to be a "Whatever".

"We're moving over to defense, here."
          "Don't care, sir."

Comment

Originally posted by ZapStarfighter
            Now in multiplayer..."Squad 4, attack this position." "Okay!" Then you watch as he moves away from the objective.
            ..whilst the rest of his squad are located all around the freakin map. Good work team

Comment

Originally posted by ZapStarfighter
              "Don't care, sir."
              That or "No can do. Engaging hostilities elsewhere."

Comment

The AI sucks in single player, thus your teamates will typically huddle around one captured flag stairing up at the flagpole. When this happens, simply clear the site with some c4! Ahhh frustration released in a nice teamkilling explosion.

Comment

IN single player mode your squad will do everything that you tell them to. The problem is that if you don't give orders then they won't actually do anything and stick by the last flag captured.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                    IN single player mode your squad will do everything that you tell them to. The problem is that if you don't give orders then they won't actually do anything and stick by the last flag captured.
                    Actually they don't do everything you ask them to do. I was playing Karkand and was commanding in single player mode and ordered my team to attack the square flag but they all stayed huddled around the hotel flag. I repeatedly gave the order to attack the other flag and they did not obey.

Comment

Working...
                    X