Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 mercenary auction... now fighting for Katrina relief!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 mercenary auction... now fighting for Katrina relief!

Originally posted by dfr.mav
    my family donated $5000 to the tsunami effort, so dont think i have done nothing
    OH your Family wow. Anyways I like the idea of Mercs for Charity!! I'd do it! People pay us to invade a server.

Comment

Charlie Six, kudos to you! By donating your time and auction money you are doing a lot! Every little bit helps, especially considering most foreign "allies" aren't giving us jack! I hope you guys get a little "mercenary group" going here.

P.S. From what I saw, your K/D ratio should speak for itself.

Guys, ignore the kiddy in here ... he's ruining a good thread... don't egg him on.

Comment

Glad to see your auction is back up! Best of luck to you!

Something I noticed in the description was the phrase, "Hopefully I can get a few bucks from the auction and buy me a hamburger or something. Maybe I can tell the cashier at Burger King that "I killed hundreds of foreigners to buy this hamburger." :-)", I think it was in there from before you decided to give the money to charity, but I just wanted to point it out. Hopefully bidders don't get the wrong idea about where the money is going. Is there any way to change it now?

Comment

is there a link to the new one!?!

Comment

It is a very nice gesture to donate your time in exchange for money to a very good cause. (i just donated money to the red cross myself). But its a seemingly large amount of work for a smaller amount of money. Maybe those of young age could ask to work for their parents doing chores for cash or something and donate online. Might be a lot less difficult and possibly more rewarding to the victims. Whatever way you choose to do it though is up to you, and good luck.

Comment

Leviathan, ack!! I forgot to remove that. I was thinking of that earlier too, but forgot to act on it. Thanks for reminding me, I'll try to fix it up.

Big Fox, well I play BF2 so much anyway, usually following the orders of my squad leader faithfully, that doing it in a more "professional" way is no big change. No matter what, I was going to play BF2 a lot... may as well get some money raised while I"m doing it

Comment

Apparently no one in here is old enough to have had a college level Economics class...

We all donate to the relief effort in some way. Higher gas prices, increased insurance premiums, and many other small things the good ol' government charges us for will go towards the relief bill recently signed in Congress.

Tune your TV to CNN and catch some footage of the looters in New Orleans to see who the government will be giving your money to, not the good, decent people who deserive it.

(I dont care much for the Gov't if you cant tell)

that said, good luck trying to help out that extra bit, more than Im doing.

Comment

I'm 24, and have taken college level economics. But you're saying some incorrect things. The government has nothing to do with this auction. The charity is Americares, an NGO (non-government). They don't give the money to anyone. They buy food, supplies, and get this stuff to the people who need it. Yes, some looters will get it, but many more innocent people will be helped. And heck, even looters deserve to stay alive. (Did you know that some police officers are doing the looting too? Yikes.)

And higher gas prices and increased insurance premiums are both actions of the private sector, not the government. Unless you want to argue that the government and big corporations are working together to screw us all... but that's another topic for another time...

Comment

True they dont physically give money, I misspoke there, but I dont believe for a second that the Government and the Oil/Insurance industries arn't in bed together...

THE GOVERNMENT!!

Ill take the job, POTATO SALAD!

as far as the looters go, I can forgive the taking of food, water, and clothes...but people are taking t.v. sets, dvd players, and the like. People will even set up fake charities to accept donations for the disaster. (not that this charity taking your auction is fake) people who try to profit off of this kins of thing are truley the scum of the earth, and its too bad that there isnt anything anyone can do to stop them from trying

Comment

Working...
                    X