Game splash screen crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game splash screen crash

Okay, i know BF2 works best with ATI or Nvdia graphics cards, but my family just bought a AMD athelon 3400, 1 gig of ram, with a SiS 760 graphics card (128mb). After installing BF2, i tried to run it, and it loaded the BF picture, did a splash screen, and just returned to desktop. I've updated my graphics driver and made sure i have DX 9.0c. I've also tried uninstalling. Which resulted in the same effects.

Re: Game splash screen crash

THe SiS760 is what's called an integrated video processor meaning it is attached to your motherboard instead of being an AGP card you can install.

Unfortunately, BF2 does not support integrated video solutions like the SiS760 chipset. In order to run the game, you will need to purchase an AGP video card with native DirectX 9 support.

Comment

What Shamus said. And please consult the compatible video cards list before going out and buying one. I would recommend nothing lower then a 6600GT for this game.

Comment

Also, it would crash if there was a problem with the graphics card Driver, so check that.

Comment

As I've said before, BF2 is a piece of SHtT game and needs fixin. "you're screwed" in other words. Unless you want to pay money and upgrade the crap out of your system.

Comment

if you dont have any real advice outside of ""you're screwed"", why don't you go out of the support forums. The rest of us are trying to help people, you are not. You are looking for the Ranks forum, just hit the back button a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by l=lCoBrAl=l
              As I've said before, BF2 is a piece of SHtT game and needs fixin. "you're screwed" in other words. Unless you want to pay money and upgrade the crap out of your system.
              Screw Upgrading my system. done that to the fullest already... it's outdated now. I already have plans on building a new one before I even got BF2. I'm getting the Asus A7N8X-E Dulxe Motherboard, AMD Althon 3200+ with 3GB Memory. 200GB Hardrive. Overclock it to 3GHz. My sisters husband already has two computers which bother have this exact board.

This old 1.3GHz Compaq will probably become a server for hosting games. I sure it can handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                What Shamus said. And please consult the compatible video cards list before going out and buying one. I would recommend nothing lower then a 6600GT for this game.
                Ditto , but if your mobo has an 8x AGP slot your laughing mate .

Comment

and why's that? dont you know AGP is better than PCI? the only thing better than AGP is the PCI Express. (which this board doesn't have)

Mother has AGP slot with 1x AGP 8X/4X

p.s. Sorry if i'm responding to posts not meant for me. apparently the message board system that sends emails (to let you know you have a rely) is a little behind, or something, cause it just told me i got this reply.

Comment

You also got to check your refreshrate, if you got any refreshrate forcing tools or whatever that will give those effects. But it's likely being your videocard.

Comment

Working...
                    X