Use AT rocket to 1-shot infantry/snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use AT rocket to 1-shot infantry/snipers

Yep that's right the AT rocket. This baby can 1-shot infantry if you're a good shot.

I've taking out snipers on cranes and infantry at over 100m with this bad boy. Don't think its a vehicle only weapon, its not.

Re: Use AT rocket to 1-shot infantry/snipers

Too right. The range on these shoulder-fired biatches is not to be taken lightly
    Remember that the rocket goes slightly below your mark for the first 20 yards or so, to eventually line up on the center.
    In other tips for the AT, crouching near a structure's corner and strafing behind it can save your life while engaging armor and APCs. Aim and fire normally but then imagine where the vehicle would be *IF* you were seeing through the wall. Doing this and keeping your mouse button pressed will continue to lead it on target.

Comment

I tend to only use that as a last resort..

i.e. I'm aiming up a tank and a grunt comes into my view training his sights on me

I prefer to use my pistol when I need to make a precise ranged shot...lord knows the submachine gun and the DAO-12 unlock are very poor are picking off targets in the medium to long range

Comment

ive taken out a sniper on those very high things, where smoke comes out from, there are some in the oilfields, and one in delian plant map, he was sniping everyone, and i picked up an AT pointed up there, and a name showed up in red, i just guessed, shot it and got a kill

Comment

old news, actualy the AT is the real sniper in the game, shot guys with it from like just the edge of draw distance

Comment

Originally posted by Supervisor84

Aim and fire normally but then imagine where the vehicle would be *IF* you were seeing through the wall. Doing this and keeping your mouse button pressed will continue to lead it on target.
            Why not just Fire it, let it go, and get the F... out of there? If the Target is close and remains stationary you don't need to guide it. If your concerned about WEEP WEEP WEEP, Fire closer to the Front, because chances are the Target will move forward. I'm not sure, but I don't think the Alarm goes off so long as you don't Scoop the Target.

Originally posted by rombaft

old news,......
            yeah, but it's nice too see more people using the Class. It's my Favorite Class, but I unlocked the G36C instead of the DAO and find myself playing Spec Ops more.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Tobacco
              Why not just Fire it, let it go, and get the F... out of there? If the Target is close and remains stationary you don't need to guide it. If your concerned about WEEP WEEP WEEP, Fire closer to the Front, because chances are the Target will move forward. I'm not sure, but I don't think the Alarm goes off so long as you don't Scoop the Target.
              Points taken, although this 'get behind cover' tactic is partly getting the F outta there
              I just like knowing that it will hit the target around where I want it to, and somehow I don't trust the trajectory enough when firing over medium distance and letting go of the seeker button.
              I bet i have seen the rocket do crazy things when moving the reticule.. ;P

Comment

AT has a wait time on its kill though

Comment

I know for a sniper i shoot the rocket go make a sand wich and come back so i can get the kill.

Comment

It works great on snipers because they're scope obstructs they're view so much, but on other classes they can just move to the side or bunnyhop because it moves to slow. It proves it self every few times, but it's not your ideal counter-sniper weapon.

Comment

i wouldnt try it except for last resort...rocket ammo is very valuable

Comment

Another nice feature of this is a direct hit to a soldier (IE not a splash hit to their feet) will cause them to be unrevivable. This is great if you aim it at a squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobacco
                          I'm not sure, but I don't think the Alarm goes off so long as you don't Scoop the Target.

T
                          Not True. The Alarm goes off when you are looking at Target with AT Missle Launcher and their name lights up in Red, thats when you get ALARM, Scoped or unscoped. You'll be surprised to see how "indirectly" you can look at your Target without Alarming them. It's gotten to the Point where I'm being called a Hax(occasionally), cause my Hits don't trigger the Alarm. I Love this Class.

T

Comment

. Aim and fire normally but then imagine where the vehicle would be *IF* you were seeing through the wall. Doing this and keeping your mouse button pressed will continue to lead it on target.

This in not ture for the guiding part if you fire then move behind the wall and are still holding the mouse button and you are looking at the wall then your not locking on the target anymore you locking on the wall but since where your locking on is so far out of the rockets path it just continues on its current path not following where your aiming anymore

Comment

Points taken, although this 'get behind cover' tactic is partly getting the F outta there
                              I just like knowing that it will hit the target around where I want it to, and somehow I don't trust the trajectory enough when firing over medium distance and letting go of the seeker button.
                              I bet i have seen the rocket do crazy things when moving the reticule.. ;P
                              LOL...one time I was squad leader and I saw an enemy tank. I then ordered this poor guy in my squad to move across the street...giving me plenty of time to aim and hit the tank :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X