Questions about the sniper class.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the sniper class.

New to posting in the forums, but I've read regularly. I normally play medic and I just unlocked it's weapon yesterday, (And it really kicks ass BTW) so after I finished that I wanted to take a break and try something out for my own personal satisfaction, I wanted to give the sniper a shot. Anyway, I finally found a question that I couldn't help but to ask.

Why is it that the USMC M24 sniper rifle you have to come out of the scope to reload each time? Same thing with the M95. That always screws me up and makes me completely worthless. Because it's rare that I get a one shot kill at this skill level and once I've made one shot my target ofcourse sprints to the nearest cover and escapes my sights. :hmm: Is that just how the game is made? I know you can hold the left mouse key down to stay in the scope, but that doesn't help me a whole lot.

And can you not zoom in with the sniper rifle like in other FPS games?

Thanks.

Re: Questions about the sniper class.

1) I dont see why you like the medic gun. Personally I dislike it and think its innacurate.
    2) You get out of scope because thats how the game was made, yes I agree its lame
    3)I reccomend you make a single player Karkand game on highest difficulty and practice aiming for people's heads as they are running. I did that a lot, and now about 30% of the time I can hs a sprinting person with full health.

YOu can't zoom...I dont know why to keep it balanced, otherwise everyone would be sniping. Im actually quiete happy not a whole lot of people have sniping skills.

Comment

Honestly, I think it's just how you use the LS851 and the M16A2. If you use the LS851 in Semi it becomes very accurate and if you use it on auto in CQC it is really deadly, it took me a while to get used to the gun.. because at first I thought the same thing, yet now it's one of my favorites along with the M16A2. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

The M24 and M95 are both bolt action. The others are not hence no need to descope to reload them after each shot.

Comment

No, IRL you can't zoom either, I think. IDK why the military wouldn't buy variable-power scopes...

Yes, you must come out of scope to reload. Not a huge problem.

The name of the game is patience. Sniping is like submarining. Long periods of setting up for a shot followed by small periods of action. If he goes for cover, wait for him. He can't hide there all day, you know.

Comment

You must learn to be patient. When i first started with the bold-action sniper rifles I would see a target and shoot without thinking. Usually i would hit the person, but he kept running and made it to cover. I have learned by watching people that they ususally pause, thats when i take my shot now if i can.
            I dont mind shooting and giving a lot of damage so one of my mates can finish the job but, If i am in a spot where there are no friendlies, i only shoot if i know i will have a second shot if i dont take all his energy away with his first.

Comment

K. I think this thread is finished. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X