Problems with Battlefield 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Battlefield 2

Ok I just upgraded my system and for some reason no matter what server I conect to I get these freezes for a split second every so often. So I go to spin around it freezes for a ms but then it jumps. I have tried a different nick and memory the only thing left is my motherboard. Any ideas would be great. Here is my set up.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+*
    1 gig stick of DDR
    MSI K8N NEO2-F Athlon64 Socket939/nForce3 Ultra/SATA/RAID/GbE Motherboard
    EVGA GeForce 6800GT 256MB DDR TV/DVI/2H AGP Video Card
    80 gig SATA HDD

3 meg DSL connection
    All the latest drivers from nvidia and msi
    Also did a reformat and reloaded windows XP Pro

Thank You

Re: Problems with Battlefield 2

I will assume that this is a fresh install of Windows? If not I have heard Windows can go crazy when swapping out alot of hardware.

Comment

yes did that too. The strange thing we get is a negitive ping to the router when Battlefield 2 is running. But we have 2 other machines on the same network and they never come up with a negitive ping. We even tried different ports and lines all the same results.

Comment

HAVE YOU FITTED NEW HARDWARE "DO THIS"
        YOU MUST REINSTALL THE BF2 GAME

Because the game programming will not recognise the new card.

If you install any new hardware,... games like this that recognise hardware in such a way, need to be reinstalled after hardware installation.

from .... http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17414

How to reinstall BF2 etc properly.. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18709

Comment

If you look at my post I reformatted the HDD with the new hardware. Which means the game was installed again too. Matter fact I thought it was a bad OS reload so I even did another reformat and reload and it still hasn't solved nothing. I'm just wondering if its the MSI board or the nforce3 chipset maybe. I'm going to RMA the motherboard and get a Abit AV8 AMD Athlon/DDR400/A&L/ATX Motherboard Which has the VIA K8T800 Pro/ VT8237 chipset instead of the nforce3 chipset. I was trying to see if anyone has experinced this issue.

Comment

[quote=CrazyAce4200]If you look at my post I reformatted the HDD with the new hardware. Which means the game was installed again too. quote]

Then look at your "in game vid settings" and render them "all" lowest settings (to see if the momentary freeze is cancelled out) and increase until they come back, which will give you the best clue as to what to do next.

Comment

Working...
            X