Battlefield 2, crash to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2, crash to desktop

Okay guys, here is my issue, battlefield 2 crashed to desktop, I havn't re-installed yet, but will soon.

Here is the story:

I used a ge-force fx 5200 128mb video card, which IRONICALLY wasn't on the list for compatible video cards, played the game on low, worked great. Then I bought a ATI Radion x800xl 256mb and all hell breaks loose. Sometimes it just randomly crashes to desktop.

I have the newest drivers and all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Re: Battlefield 2, crash to desktop

mine does that too and im running a radeon 9800 pro

Comment

did u clean all of those nvidia drivers out? and what drivers are you using for ATI, i know alot of ati cards have problems with this game.

Comment

i had the same problems but i think i fixed it... what i did was boot up in safe mode and i deleted all the cache files for bf2 it works for me now...

Comment

Originally posted by unknownman_007
          Okay guys, here is my issue, battlefield 2 crashed to desktop, I havn't re-installed yet, but will soon.

Here is the story:

I used a ge-force fx 5200 128mb video card, which IRONICALLY wasn't on the list for compatible video cards, played the game on low, worked great. Then I bought a ATI Radion x800xl 256mb and all hell breaks loose. Sometimes it just randomly crashes to desktop.

I have the newest drivers and all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

HAVE YOU FITTED NEW HARDWARE "DO THIS"
          YOU MUST REINSTALL THE BF2 GAME

Because the game programming will not recognise the new card etc.

If you install any new hardware,... games like this that recognise hardware in such a way, need to be reinstalled after hardware installation.

from .... http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17414

How to reinstall BF2 etc properly.. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18709

Comment

Originally posted by sarge1991
            i had the same problems but i think i fixed it... what i did was boot up in safe mode and i deleted all the cache files for bf2 it works for me now...
            How did u do this; the steps:

Comment

Originally posted by C11.Nemisis
              did u clean all of those nvidia drivers out? and what drivers are you using for ATI, i know alot of ati cards have problems with this game.
              how do u clean drivers?

Comment

Working...
              X