Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed to install Battlefield 2, Please try again from beginning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to install Battlefield 2, Please try again from beginning.

Code:
    Failed to install Battlefield 2, Please try again from beginning.
    Anyone know how to fix that? It was working fine (The game) Except the graphics were screwed over lol. When someone would shoot, everything around them, the ground, buildings, vehicles would flash white a few times. there were random shadowws everywhere. Just everything was screwed over, So last night I uninstalled it hoping it fix the graphics. So I just went to install it and it said that. I tryed about 3 more times. Still nothing.

Thanks
    =-Bajawoojie-=

Re: Failed to install Battlefield 2, Please try again from beginning.

It's ridiculous to have to jump through hoops just to get a game working, I know. I would imagine that you will have to delete the BF2 directories and Regestry entries before it will let you install.

Comment

Thanks alot =D It worked.
      They really need one of those rating systems on these forums, So that if someone helps you, You can raise their rank a littlebit by pressing somthing. I seen em on other forums, Their nifty.

Comment

what worked huh?!!? i have deleted all that i think! could you walk me through what you did? im not very good at all this

Comment

ok i ran cd check on it and the disc report says the "data2.cab" file is in search of a better word "f*cked" as its the file with all the info on it i tihnk my disc is ruined..i dont have reciept so i doubt i can get replacement

Comment

If you can slow down your optical drive using a program like Nero, I bet it wlll be able to read that corrupt file from the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
              If you can slow down your optical drive using a program like Nero, I bet it wlll be able to read that corrupt file from the CD.
              sounds like a possible solution,how do i work those tools? im a novice :s

Comment

Working...
              X