Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you view the PNG files in mods\bf2\Levels\<map name>\Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you view the PNG files in mods\bf2\Levels\<map name>\Info?

There are files there in that directory, but they aren't PNG files. How do you view them?

Re: How do you view the PNG files in mods\bf2\Levels\&lt;map name&gt;\Info?

Originally posted by Harmor
    There are files there in that directory, but they aren't PNG files. How do you view them?
    They're actually DDS files. You can use irfanview (be sure to grab the plugin pack) to view them. To do anything more than that you'll need to d/l nvidia's DDS plugin for photoshop. The files (if they're small in size are highly compressed DXT1, otherwise they're ARGB32 8:8:8:8).

Comment

Enable file extensions, then rename them from .png to .dds. then you can open them up using nvidia's DDS plugins or use a .dds converter.

Comment

Better use nVidias DDSViewer instead of IrfanView because IrfanView displays transparent areas of the image as white, which causes problems with some images (as fonts).

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing glad we got the answer. Just wondering if i will need to change the file extension back to .png before playing.

Comment

infranview pwns

Comment

Originally posted by CDNCommando
                I was wondering the same thing glad we got the answer.
                Same here. I was just playing around with these files too.

Nice thread.

Comment

Found that out ages ago

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                    Would you marry me?
                    The author posted this thread also ages ago...: 08-26-2005
                    (and I found it out even before )

Comment

Working...
                    X