• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freeze/lag PROBLEM SOLVED: BF2 REQUIRES 2GIGS

350+ , newegg has it for 230

Comment

i only have 512mb of ram and it actually runs ok for me. i have the settings on medium-low tho

Comment

its also the processor that will help you.
        i have 1.5 gigs of ram
        pentium 4/// 2.99GHz
        nvidia 6600 gt
        and i run smooth at all medium and high texture and high terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathstroker33
          I have a gig of ram as well and have not seen it go much higher than 900ish. I do get some initial lag at the start of a map that lasts about 2-5 seconds but goes away and runs smooth the rest of the time. A gig is plenty for my system. I suppose that another gig might eliminate that 2-5 second studder at the beginning but thast not worth my money.
          Yeah, that studder at the start is akin to like being born....Painful!

I hate it, but once the game gets rolling I'm Smmmmmooooth!

Had to shut down my AV, my firewall, and a myriad other app's but it runs!

IT BETTER! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost-Three-Four
            Had to shut down my AV, my firewall, and a myriad other app's but it runs!

Comment

I have 1GB DDR PC400, a GF6800GT 256 MB oc'd @ ultra, a P4 3.06 GHz. The whole rig is watercooled.
              I have every single setting in BF2 maxed out, included Textures - 4xAA, and no stuttering at all. Never -period. I get between 75 and 110 fps. depending on map, location and action. But fps have barely ever dropped below 50.
              I had the game crash on me a few times when I used the 77.77 drivers, but I assume it is not an issue with my system, and I rolled back to the old 77.72 (NGO Optimized).

I assume that the stuttering problem occurs from overheating for most of the people playing this game. Or their system setup is not ideal; i.e. the system writes to swap as it writes to RAM, partition is too big and fragmented, and swap file is on the same partition as the OS.
              Antivirus, Norton trash, etc hogging the system etc. I'll not get into further details here...
              1 GB or ram should be plenty - of course only if you system is setup right - and no unnessessary services are running in the background hogging memory and cpu cycles.

Comment

Working...
              X