Does it really matter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it really matter...

how many deaths one person has? Such as myself I have 117 kills and 228 deaths am I considered a noob? I have just started playing 3 days ago.

Re: Does it really matter...

technicaly you are a noob when you first begin to play a new game. Your K/D ratio just means you aren't very good yet. but overtime you'll get better

Comment

For me I take my number of kills - deaths to get my true kills.
      Ex. 2140 Kills 1904 Deaths 2140 - 1904 = 236 true kills.

Or you can go based on your ratio.

Comment

Ya I think it matters. It is an easy way to tell wether or not your good at killing and not dieing.

Comment

Who cares. Just play and have fun. It's a game remember.

Comment

it could ust mean your a team player and are concerned with either reviving or resupplying

Comment

what nemisis said is very true

but also, you are a newb at every game when you start any game, its not a really bad thing, but over time you will get better. I have been playing on my new account for awhile and was half way to corp. before I started to play on it and Im just starting to get games where I will many more kills than deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch28
                what nemisis said is very true

but also, you are a noob at every game when you start any game, its not a really bad thing, but over time you will get better. I have been playing on my new account for awhile and was half way to corp. before I started to play on it and Im just starting to get games where I will many more kills than deaths.

i started overtaking kills and deaths about there too, it took me a while ot even out cause i was at about a 1:2 ratio as bf2 is my first pc fps

Comment

newb = new/inexperianced player, willing to learn.
                  n00b = asshat who gets an orgasm by pissing off other players.

T_Noe would be the former.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                    newb = new/inexperianced player, willing to learn.
                    n00b = asshat who gets an orgasm by pissing off other players.

T_Noe would be the former.
                    my post fixed do to wrong computer wordage

Comment

Originally posted by Catch28
                      my post fixed do to wrong computer wordage
                      Editing ftw

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanMarine
                        For me I take my number of kills - deaths to get my true kills.
                        Ex. 2140 Kills 1904 Deaths 2140 - 1904 = 236 true kills.

Or you can go based on your ratio.

That means i have close to 3000 "true kills" thats a small town. With some tank whoring i could make that a small city lol :laugh:

Comment

It depends. If you play the game to kill other players then having a bad kill death ratio shows lacking skill. On the other hand, if you play to help the team, being a medic and such, then KD ratio wont really indicate whether you are skilled or not.

Comment

When I first got the game I spent a ton of time as medic and was much more focused on doing my medic duties than watching out for my own safety and trying to kill enemies. That was then. I've gotten SO much better in the great time I've wasted on this. I still love to play as Medic, but I've realized that as a combat medic, you have to make sure there isn't any combat nearby that needs rectifying before you can do the medic stuff. Also, doing the suicide revive is a total waste of time for you, the revivee, and especially your team. You don't "lose" anything when you die, someone revives you and you die right away again, but it's dumb. Now your team has senselessly lost a ticket.

Getting back on topic, my K/D was a little under 1 for a long time, but that was before I learned how to use other kits effectively, along with armor, ground defenses, single shot vs. multi, etc.

Comment

there are many factors that go into the stats and just because you die alot doesn't mean you suck it just means you're new and to need to learn to play the game we all had to learn the game just some people seem to adapt to killing faster than others

I hit corporal the other day and my kills are still almost 1000 less than my deaths but my teamwork score is about 100 less than my combat score which shows that i focus on my teammates more than on killing if you look at most peoples stats who just kill all the time their teamwork score is way less than combat

I get killed alot because I rarely pull out my rifle and try to kill anyone i'm usually trying to drop med packs and running with my shock paddles out to try and revive someone

also ZAP is right i've become much more aware of whats going on in the game and i don't just run out blindly anymore just because someone yells medic doesn't mean you need to run directly for that person it took me a while to realize this but there is no point in running full out towards a wounded teammate who was shot in the middle of a huge firefight i get so much more healing points these days because i stopped trying to be audie murphy w/ shockpaddles

Comment

Working...
                              X