Punkbuster - Kicked for Corrupt File / Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster - Kicked for Corrupt File / Memory

Just installed BF2 (after playing demo for a few days straight), installed 1.02 and hopped in. All was fine and dandy, but then out of nowhere I was booted and it said Punkbuster kicked for the above reasons.

Specs:
    AMD FX -53 @ 2.64
    2x512 MB Crucial Ballistix @ 2-3-2-5 (memtest stable)
    2xRaptors in RAID 0
    x800 XT PE @ 575 / 590
    Audigy 2 ZS

I've tried everything at stock and get the same results (including RAM), so I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. When I tried this earlier I had FFXI open on screen as well, although that shouldn't conflct I don't think. I tried a manual PB update someone on IRC recommended, and that didn't seem to change anything.

Any suggestions?

Re: Punkbuster - Kicked for Corrupt File / Memory

Hello, welcome to TotalBF2 :hi:

RESTRICTION:Corrupted File/Memory [81058]
    this comes from a bad install or a hack which has corrupted part of the game file, this can also be a result of malware or spyware that has established itself on the host system.

Try scanning your system with the Microsoft AntiSpyware program. Could also give Crap Cleaner a look too to see if your registry is damaged.

You could also ask Punkbuster directly using their ticket support system avaliable on their website and also having a look at their support FAQ, the links follow:

Punkbuster Battlefield 2 FAQ page
    Punkbuster Battlefield 2 Tickets Support System

Comment

Re: Punkbuster - Kicked for Corrupt File / Memory

It seems to be playing fine now (not sure what changed). I use S&D, and it's showing clean. I'll try PB directly if the issue keeps coming up, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X