Pretty Fishy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Fishy

Yesterday my son and I (he's 20 and Im 45) were playing battlefield 2 and he was comander. (he is kyheadhunter and Im oredrider)Anyway he's in the army and knows his stuff. So after 3 games that we won, with a higher team score each time, he got booted. The message said that he lost his connection to the server. How could that be, we both were in the same room on 2 computers with the same hub. Seems like other servers or admins boot you for killing them (when they are on the other team) to many times. I have also seen servers restart games when the admin didnt get the aircraft or armor that they wanted. I thought that the ranked servers were supposed to be fair and not set up so the admin and friends can raise thier score at our expense. Oh sorry, didnt mean to start to rant on you guys. The main point Im getting to is that EA/Dice should have some kind of standards of conduct that the guys running the ranked servers should have to meet or loose thier ability to be a ranked server IMO, and I was wondering what do you guys think?

Re: Pretty Fishy

If he was kicked, it would say "You have been kicked by a sever [sic] admin"... lol

Sounds more like his network cable was pulled or something.

But I get booted all the time for killing admins, just move to another server if it keeps happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor
      If he was kicked, it would say "You have been kicked by a sever [sic] admin"... lol

Sounds more like his network cable was pulled or something.
      Yeah, it was most likely a computer specific problem, since you didn't get the message.

He brings up a valid point, though.

Comment

conspiracy. probably communists.

Comment

even if you where on the same hub, for the server where the game is hosted, you are both totaly unique individuals , and it could be that the server had a small internal error wich cause a connection loss of one or some players. hasn't anything to do with the fact you where in the same room on the same line on the same hub.

However, I had admins kicking me because I killed them to much, many admins in BF2 are children and can't live with there loss

Comment

I blame it on the Teletubbies.

Comment

it seems to be common that on map restarts anywhere from 5-10, or more, people are 'disconnected from the server'....when our clan has 2-3 in a server, and trying to get 2-3 more in, we just wait for map change and almost 100% of the time find spots for them.

Whether or not your on the same IP won't effect the fact that you are 2 seperate players, with 2 PID #'s....I say server/computer bug, and not admin related...

Comment

happens all the time on server i usually see 3 ppl drop at the same time

Comment

you're all blind! its the communists! the communists!

Comment

Ow, and forgot, there is also like some kind of bug, I have it .

Sometimes when playing afeter some time, round ends, you lost connection, go to another server, round ends and lost connection, after every round I loose my connection to the server.

But, when I restart BF2 , game is back to normal and I can keep my connection to a server after a round

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                      you're all blind! its the communists! the communists!
                      any why is it the COMMUNISTS ?
                      or is this another thread ( Politics ).

Comment

Because they're always disconnected people from online games. Where have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                          Because they're always disconnected people from online games. Where have you been?
                          exactly! that and the pepsi thing.

Comment

I think it has to do with your WAN ip being same, as this has also happen to me and my son .Either one of us sometimes gets disconnected. Even though the your ISP subnet mask maybe different it still happens. This game is not as bad as others though. Ghost Recon it would wack out my whole network and i would have to reset it all over again.

Comment

wow! Thanks for the quick response guys ( and or girls ). I post on two or three unrelated forums and you all are by far the fastest responders. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X