contant lost connection WTF????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contant lost connection WTF????

I usually play for a hour or so after work and this past week i have been getting disconnected during gameplay, my connection is good and i get get back into the game but why am i getting lost connection all of a sudden it didnt do this before. It seems i just get into the grove and then bam lost connection. Last night i had a sweet setup as sniper and had 4 victims just sitting there for the killing and i lost my connection as i had my headshot lined up...it seems to happen when i get the perfect shot lined up!!!! as a sniper this is killing me! I want that shot back!
    HELP!!!!

Re: contant lost connection WTF????

thanks for the help guys! i will post further questions on the client support forum.

Comment

ramsey server support is for people that have problems with their SERVER on bf2..client support is where u need to go.

Comment

As -X$B-Trivium, this section is for server admins to meet and discuss issues relating to the game.

Thread moved to Client Support.

Comment

Originally posted by xXxRamseyxXx
          I usually play for a hour or so after work and this past week i have been getting disconnected during gameplay, my connection is good and i get get back into the game but why am i getting lost connection all of a sudden it didnt do this before. It seems i just get into the grove and then bam lost connection. Last night i had a sweet setup as sniper and had 4 victims just sitting there for the killing and i lost my connection as i had my headshot lined up...it seems to happen when i get the perfect shot lined up!!!! as a sniper this is killing me! I want that shot back!
          HELP!!!!
          Hey, finally, I find someone else with the same problem.

I go sometimes for hours without a drop, and all of a sudden, for no real reason, usually after a death, I will get a "problem with connection"

EA/DICE is obviously aware of it, so many people have complained about it....let's just see if they pay attention and do something about it.

Mine usually happen when I'm racking up the score, normally before the map is done...I'm not sure, but I don't think it registers my points when it does that. A real piss-off when you've gotten up to 100+ points

I have to say, other than the crappiest in-game server navigator ever created, this is the most annoying problem. In reference to the navigator though, I use a third party launcher instead, they work great. EA/DICE should learn something from these guys. Somehow, their pings show up properly. I doubt every server I refresh is "actually" 200+ ping, when I will connect and get a 10-50 ping in-game, and the third-party server browser/navigator displays it properly.

Hopefully these annoying issues are fixed with 1.03, or I'm going back to COD UO and BF Vietnam for a while.

PEACE:cry:

Comment

First off Ramesy, get your panties out of the knot they are in (or stop taking steriods, because you sound like a raging female on the rag). Some people are here to be dumbasses, get over it. Just ignore them and move one.

As for your issues, the network traffic can effect this, and no I don't mean home network. If you have Cable, or even DSL, you're on big network, hell thats all the internet really is, a huge network. You said you go on after work, and that is one of the peak times. People get home, check their email, maybe rub one off if they are a single male, and then around 7:00pm the traffic will go back down for the night.

Multiple things usually cause this. Routers, Antivirus, Firewalls, they all scan every packet sent to your computer, takes too long on one, and BAM a huge backup occurs, and the server will just drop you.

As we all will hope for our own reason, v1.03 is due out in September/October sometime. We can only wait, and hope it address our own individual issues.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
              First off Ramesy, get your panties out of the knot they are in (or stop taking steriods, because you sound like a raging female on the rag). Some people are here to be dumbasses, get over it. Just ignore them and move one.

As for your issues, the network traffic can effect this, and no I don't mean home network. If you have Cable, or even DSL, you're on big network, hell thats all the internet really is, a huge network. You said you go on after work, and that is one of the peak times. People get home, check their email, maybe rub one off if they are a single male, and then around 7:00pm the traffic will go back down for the night.

Multiple things usually cause this. Routers, Antivirus, Firewalls, they all scan every packet sent to your computer, takes too long on one, and BAM a huge backup occurs, and the server will just drop you.

As we all will hope for our own reason, v1.03 is due out in September/October sometime. We can only wait, and hope it address our own individual issues.
              As much as you'd like to be right about this, I can't agree with you.

The servers are showing random client drops. It is either on the client side, or the server side, but it's most likely NOT your ISP. I am running on a 5mbit cable line, living in white trash central. There is litterally no1 within 2KM of me that also has internet. I agree that a ISP "can" be the problem, but this issue is BF2 related, and more-so since the 1.01/1.02 patch.

As you mentioned, 1.03 might help, and let's all hope it does...or else EA wins again!

PEACE

Comment

Working...
              X