No announcement yet.

Demo laggy, will the real game be too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo laggy, will the real game be too?

I only have the demo, and its laggy as hell, but is the real game like this? I want to make sure it isn't before i buy it.

6800gt
    P4 3ghz
    1 gig pc3200
    SB audigy 2 zs

Re: Demo laggy, will the real game be too?

Try some of the settings for graphics options. FIrstly try turning the textures from High to medium or low. This game as a funny way of dealing with textures and you will find that the swapping involved will appear to be VERY similar to latency problems, instead of your standard FPS drop. Also you may need to turn down some of the dynamic lighting options.

Hope this helps you.

Comment

Your harware has nothing to do with lag -- it's your Internet connection that does.

Comment

Set lighting and terrain to low and see if it's still laggy. If so, then it probably is your connection. I also found that using hardware sound caused a lot of lag (Audigy 1).

Comment

renderer.drawfps 1, use this comand to see how man fps you are getting, if your getting more then 30fps and your still lagging its your internet

EDIT** the amount of fps you are getting will appear in the topleft and the number on the left is the amount of fps

Comment

Working...
          X