Better Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Environment

When I look at some screenshot you guys post I'm like "damn so beautiful :cry: " lol because I have a FX5200 128mb so my environment, especially water are disgusting.

So can you tell me which setting will increase the texture of the natural elements (trees, water etc...)

I know it may be Geometry or Texture, both now on Medium.
    And by the way, what is Texutre Filtering and Anti-Aliasing ?
    Wish I could change my lightning and terrain to MED, but it lag like hell

Re: Better Environment

The fx5200 is shite as you know i recommend investing in getting a new GFX card, but im sure your already doing that! The FX5200 doesnt incorporate Specular, specular is the shiny effect you get on surfaces, take master chiefs suit from halo or halo 2, its shiny, thats specular. You need a new gfx card to get nice shiny realistic waters! Sorry i cant be of much help!?

Comment

Texture and terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown-soldier
        And by the way, what is and Anti-Aliasing?
        Anti-Aliasing helps edges appear smoother and more fluent in the game. The only problem is it is very demanding on your video card and can lead to significant performance decreasings.

Example:

Comment

wil i have the same problem if i get this card?! http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proatl.asp

Comment

Originally posted by adonis
            wil i have the same problem if i get this card?! http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proatl.asp

that card is way better , your screen quality will be a lot better , but not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by adonis
              you should get this one..... i have it and am about to make it do the SLI thing..

BFG 7800 GTOC

Comment

SLI ARGH!!!! waste of money IMO.

Comment

yea screw sli just get a 7800gtx jk but yea the 9800 will be an upgrade from your curent card, i use to play on 9600xt and it looked ok

Comment

your proposition of vid card are little expensive you know, I'm still a high school student so I dont waste money on buying a high performance system, I paid my comp 400$ and my parent paid the rest 400$.

I'll wait later to get a ultra powerful gamer system

Comment

SLI is for greedy people or graphics designers

Comment

sli is also good if you have a huge moniter and un uber high resolutions, and im basically stuck in the same boat as you m8, i have a FX5200XT AGP4x/8x... and was thinkin og gettin a 9800Pro 256Mb like this one.

it really sucks right now cause whenever arty falls and i dontget blown up i am basically dead anyway because i get like 10fps anyway, and not to mention what seems like a FPS capper at 20....

oh and make sure you have AGP or pci express, because if you only have pci your up shit creek on gettin a new card

Comment

Working...
                        X