Opinions on CTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on CTF

I miss CTF (Capture The Flag) from old good BF1942 and Desert Combat Mod. Whats your opinion of no CTF still? Or is there?

Re: Opinions on CTF

I vote "yea" for CTF!

Comment

I was pissed when I found out there was no CTF for bf2. I guess the only option would be to play it on a modded server - if someone creates the mod.

I am sure if it was on a ranked server you would be TK'ed for the flag cap - depending on how many pts it was worth. Maybe it is better they did not put it in.

Comment

CTF if a great gamemode for any game, No matter what type of game it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Murtey
          Even for NASCAR?

Comment

^^ Well Vehicle CTF is good in UT2004 so why not in NasCar!

Comment

"Oh crap... where's the flag?"

"I dunno, just keep turning left!"

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                "Oh crap... where's the flag?"

"I dunno, just keep turning left!"
                lol good point there

Comment

Originally posted by Murtey

Apart from World of warcraft :?

But a big thumbs up for CTF ... would have to be timed game with capture scores winning the round, no artillery .. no airpower or not be able to carry flags in air vehicles (too abusable). Stop the spawn on squad leader again this could be open to abuse too easily.

16 player maps would suffice for size (want multiple captures a game not just 1-0 or something stupid) or some nice custom made Troop only ctf maps.

Up the size of the flag defence area, 2 flags per team as per normal CTF modes

Comment

That wouldnt be a real war, now you have to conquer a whole area just like in real life, that is what makes BF2 so cool and special. else yiou can just go buy UT04

Comment

Originally posted by Killa4live
                      That wouldnt be a real war, now you have to conquer a whole area just like in real life, that is what makes BF2 so cool and special. else yiou can just go buy UT04
                      If you want "real war", as you put it, you can still play conquest mode. We never said anything about replacing it with CTF, but rather in addition. Besides, have you never heard of "real wear" missions involving a "snatch and grab?" What do you think those SEALs and Delta Force peoples are out there doing?

Comment

I want a Berlin like map with CTF for BF2 NOW......................:ar15:

Comment

I want CTF.. I hope some1 makes a mod, or DICE puts it in a patch soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa4live
                            Since when is BF2 all about realism? Its a ****ing game, very arcadish at that...

And the CTF community has such a huge backing, most DC servers still up are CTF...

Comment

i would say yes to ctf, but it would need to be a wargame at a training camp. i mean who fights a war for a flag?

Comment

Working...
                              X