2 Problems while testing map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Problems while testing map

Ok guys i have 2 problems while i was playing around with the BF2 Editor to make my first map so the first problem is.

As im showing the pic, the far away textures are blurred out

HOw would i fix that

In that same pic my second problem is shown
    The whole map is VERY Bright

how do i change that?

---------------

The textures are blurred too soon. How do I fix that?

Lightning, map is way too bright. How can this be fixed?

Whats a good way to finish off the edges of the map?

How do I select small areas like a rectangle or a square area and just raise or lower that 1 specific area instead of doing it manually?

How do I save a project so i have all the layers and such, incase BF2 editor crashes?

What are the lightsamples and lighting things for?

What do i do to make 16, 32, 64 players maps?
    Meaning how do i save the specific 16, 32, 64 player maps?

How do I get the whole map to show up when zoomed out?

Re: 2 Problems while testing map

there is a toggle in the terrain painting bar that says something like low detail...

when you go to paint your terrain, look for that button. if you see it, click it, and test your map. i dont know about the other question.

note: im not in the editor, so i cant check to make sure exactly where the low detail setting is...

Comment

Re: A lot of questions

Originally posted by Coderedpl
      Ok guys i have 2 problems while i was playing around with the BF2 Editor to make my first map so the first problem is.

As im showing the pic, the far away textures are blurred out

HOw would i fix that
      Once you paint your terrain, first on the left tweak bar (this is after texture tool is selected and you recently painted) there is something called "lowdetailtexturetype" currently its 0. make it 1 for ground level 2 for far away mountains. Then on the right bar, select low detail texture, a window will pop up, select the default one, click ok, then click generate low detail texture. you need to do this everytime you paint and for every layer.

In that same pic my second problem is shown
      The whole map is VERY Bright

how do i change that?
      I am having the same problem, you can try changing sun color or other settings from levelsettings tweak bar on the left side.
      ---------------

The textures are blurred too soon. How do I fix that?
      same thing. generate low detail texture as i explained above.

Whats a good way to finish off the edges of the map?
      on the right bar when in terrain editor there is something called surrounding terrain. click that. you will see the middle square is green the rest is blue. start right clicking for each square and choose "create patch" after doing all that make sure right click and select show (after creating patch the editor should show them by default but just to make sure) you need to do right click and select "show" everytime you open the editor. Then you can basically paint the surrounding terrain as you do in your map. you can make hills lakes etc. if you want to define a combat area as well. go to level editor, last tool on top bar is combat area tool. click it. go to your map, on the corner of your map right click make a control point, move forward right click add control point, keep doing this and make a complete circle when you are where you started the combat area, make a control point on the first dot, and it will ask you if you want to close the combat area, click yes, there you go you have the combat area.

How do I select small areas like a rectangle or a square area and just raise or lower that 1 specific area instead of doing it manually?
      select the tool you want use (level, smooth, platform etc.) press space bar once do it one more time. there you now it will show you a circle.You can see where you are modifying with this. I know its not the exact answer to your question but this is the best the editor can do.

How do I save a project so i have all the layers and such, incase BF2 editor crashes?
      do NOT use save ALL its buggy. in terrain editor go to file-> save and just to make sure go to level editor do the same, you are done.

What are the lightsamples and lighting things for?
      they lightmaps are for shadows and sun effects. lightsamples are for rendering lightmaps for objects.

What do i do to make 16, 32, 64 players maps?
      Meaning how do i save the specific 16, 32, 64 player maps?
      you will see something like "layers" on top bar, go there create a layer and choose 16 or 32 or 64. when you want to work on specific layers or if you want something to be on both layers, on the right bar you will see layers, when you click it you will see the default layer and other layers you created select whichever one you want. the changes you make will appear only on that layer. my suggestion is on default layer finish your 32 or 64 player map. save it. then select smaller player size, and start modifying your map for that player size (making combat area smaller etc.).

How do I get the whole map to show up when zoomed out?
      i dont understand what you mean by that. if you mean minimap i explained in great detail in faq topic.

Comment

What i mean by zoomed out is this. Currently when I zoom out the map dissapears somehow. I dont know if its fog or something but it doesnt as a whole thing al the time

Comment

Originally posted by Coderedpl
          What i mean by zoomed out is this. Currently when I zoom out the map dissapears somehow. I dont know if its fog or something but it doesnt as a whole thing al the time

go to render->uncheck toggle fog down at the bottom

Comment

Working...
          X