How do you request new orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you request new orders?

I've heard ppl doing it in-game, how do you request new orders from the commander or squad leader?

Re: How do you request new orders?

use the "T" button

Comment

I think you have to be a squad leader to request supplies, artilery, and new orders. Do so by creating your own squad (TAB) I believe. Once you are squad leader, you can press the T key as stated above and it will bring up a hud with options. Just select which option applies to your current needs and your good.

Comment

Squad members can request orders from their squad leaders, while squad leaders can request orders from the commander, both using the "T" command rose.

It seems like everyone on the team can hear the request, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way. When you keep hearing a squad member spam "Requesting orders!" it usually can be translated into "My squad leader is not doing his job!"...

Personally, I find it a little irritating so hear the request for orders, then have to look out for the green chat message to see if it was really one of my squad members talking.

Comment

Ah! Thanx for the replies. I kept looking in the map context menus (how I request UAV, arty, supplies) I'll have to try that tonite!

Anyone run across a keyboard map that has all the default keys? Since there are like 4 different menus, it would be nice to see what is where (at least initially) on the keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by Cocina
            Anyone run across a keyboard map that has all the default keys? Since there are like 4 different menus, it would be nice to see what is where (at least initially) on the keyboard
            Yeah, it's in your manual. (if you're looking for a comprehensive list of all of the radio commands available from the radial menus...you won't find that there though)

Comment

Originally posted by Cocina
              You could also look at the options in-game. :wall:

Comment

Yeah, I usually like to re-map my keys a bit, but instead of letting you re-map a used key and leaving the previous one unbound you have to move them to currently unbound keys. All it tells you is "key currently in use" or something of the like. Having a diagram of the keyboard would let me know what's used and what isn't

Comment

There are two rose menus in the game. By default, they are 'Q' and 'T'.

'Q' relates mainly to things such as 'Enemy Spotted', 'Get in!', and 'Need Medic'. Right clicking while 'Spotted' is selected allows you to chose exactly what was spotted (if you can't get a perfect view). Only people in your square will see the minimap icon for something spotted through a right-click, though everyone on your team hears the audio and sees the text message.

'T' changes depending on your position. If you are a Squad Member, you can request a few commander assets (not all), and request new orders. Both of these go to the squad leader. If you are a squad leader, you can request any commander asset. Additionally, you can request the commander for orders. You can also give commands like 'Attack' and 'Defend'. For giving distant commands, use the Caps-Lock (or Home) menu. If you're a commander, you will be able to use your commander assets on the spot you're pointing at.

~Salad

Comment

Working...
                  X