Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching Problems (Not the usual problem!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching Problems (Not the usual problem!!)

Hey there guys,

Have spent the last hour or so looking for solutions to this, but to no avail.

I have just downloaded the Patch 1.0.2, and started the installation. However, a small pop up comes up saying "Patching - Please Wait" and then just hangs completely... whilst lagging my computer badly.

The same kind of thing happened when I tried installing the demo a while back, so I'm guessing there's some kind of link there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much guys.

Re: Patching Problems (Not the usual problem!!)

How long did you give it before terminating the process. Mine took awhile last time too. Than all of a sudden BANG*** Installed. so maybe try giving more time then you think it needs. Also ensure that it isn't bogging down in your Task Manager.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I gave it quite a nice amount of time, not entirely sure, maybe 5-7 minutes or so. After I'd exited (using Ctrl + Alt + Dlt) my PC still lagged, until I ended the process for the patch.

Comment

I have heard of some users having to wait up toward 20 minutes for the patch to complete. Weird as it sounds, I bet if you just walked away for awhile and let it do its thing, you will come back to discover that it installed - finally...

Comment

Agreed! Out!

Comment

Okey doke, will give it a go Thanks guys, the help is appreciated!

Comment

And just as I finished posting that, it completed! Sorry for the false alarm guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Inn3rvision
                And just as I finished posting that, it completed! Sorry for the false alarm guys.
                Hey man. That is what the BF2 Community is all about. Just pass your knowledge on when you have a chance

Comment

Broon is right on. All that matters is that you are back in action!

Comment

Working...
                  X