Thanks for the help everyone !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the help everyone !

Well I have not done any mapping for a game since the CS Beta's in Worldcraft, so it is nice to get my teeth stuck back into something again !

The editor seems to work really well, and the tutorials are really good to get you started. If you are thinking about starting to make a map, definately follow the first 2 tutorials through as they really help.

Secondly a big thank-you to everyone on here, for their help with some of the common issues, long-distance terrain texture, the 60% load map crash, mini-map and loading screen issues. All of the fixes were easy to understand and worked perfectly.

I really think that EA have taken a bit of a bashing over the editor in some respects but from my experience it seems logical and works well even on a "not so fast" PC.

I am in the middle of making a map at the moment, although sticking to small skirmish infantry only affairs for the first one. Just one question for me at the moment, in the tutorial, every control point has an associated spawn point, does this have to be the case ? or can I have some control points with no attached spawn ?

Re: Thanks for the help everyone !

you can just have a control point (flag) with nospawn, you just wont be able to spawn there. makes sense really

and welcome to forums :hi: enjoy your stay

Comment

Thanks for the answer, and the welcome

Just one other thing, is there anywhere a webpage with preview piccies of the commonly used buildings and the paths of them in the editor, it is a pain going through and adding each one to find out what it looks like ?

If there is not one I will get cracking on one...

Comment

i have seen one which you could download, but you needed the latest acrobat reader :/
        but if you could make one and put it on a webpage that would be awesome.:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by smegger
          i have seen one which you could download
          link?

Comment

Working...
          X