Internet Connection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Connection Problems

I've been playing for a while now and this problem is becoming more and more common yet I never used to get it before I installed Battlefield.

Basically it takes three or four attempts to get a Server List when I load up Battlefield. For the first threee or four loads the update just hangs and I can't join or refresh any of the games (I can stop the update but it says unable to connect if I attempt to join games or refresh the list). I quit out to windows reload the game and get the same message and keep doing this several times until it eventually decides to work.

Now this is a problem exculsive to Battlefield and doesn't affect any other games or general surfing. The really weird bit is that if I go back to windos as Battlefield is attempting to update its list of servers and attempt to open the internet I get an immediate error message saying that connection is refused to any site that I attempt to access. I have a router so I can log in as admin on that and check my ADSL connection which is always live and see that it is sending and receiving info yet it won't allow any other surfing to be done.

Yet once it has sucessfully loaded up a fulll list I get good rates of ping (normally sub 100 and on good servers sub 50) and like I said other online games are fine.

I've run all types of spyware (adaware, Spybot, Bazooka) and virus (Norton and McAfee) scanning stuff all of which have come up clean. I've told my firewall to allowd Battlefield 2 through etc. So I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. Anyone have any suggestions.

Plus the game takes an age to verify with client so I' don't know if that is connnected or not.

Re: Internet Connection Problems

Can you please try either BF2 Autoloader or All Seeing Eye (both free programs) to see if you have the same problems with the server listing?

Comment

first switch the conection speed to the other speed in options!
      also, limit the ping to 150 in ping cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idash
        first switch the conection speed to the other speed in options!
        also, limit the ping to 150 in ping cat.
        Done and tried both of those before and still get the same results. It seems that the inbuilt browser is hogging all of my bandwidth but not really sending or receiving anything.

I'll try both of those programs tonight Ptegan and post back.

Comment

Working...
        X