Cat 5.8 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat 5.8 drivers

Anyone having problems using these drivers.I am not sure if they are causing the problem Im having with objects flashing and black splash screens.

Re: Cat 5.8 drivers

Theres a few threads on these spread around this section - you might read thru those.

Comment

Yep, they are the problem. There's a ton of threads on this topic already!

For everyone with a 9800 series card, go back to the 5.6's and your problems will dissapear.

It looks like those 5.8's fix the problems with x800 cards, and move them to the 9800's!

Comment

Thanks guys.Im going back to 5.6.

Comment

I have an Nvidia card and have no probs at all in that respect. However my Mrs has a 9800 pro and she has had trouble with the new cat 5.8's like CTD, distorted graphics/glitches etc. Same problem with cat 5.6's as well. So far the best have been cat 5.1's which we will probably roll back to yet again. She was hoping that the 5.8s would fix all these probs but they are no better than the 5.6's

<<R2>>Capt.HKS
          Founder,Senior Admin, BF2 Ranked Server Admin (Raging Rebels Ranked 1.02)

Comment

When I installed the catalyst 5.8 drivers from my 5.7 Omega drivers I had a pretty wierd thing happen. After Installing the drivers (after completely cleaning the omega driver) and restarting, when I tried to get into the Control Center, it said that "You're unable to change anything. Contact your system administrator." (well it said something close to that.) The funny thing is, that my account is the system administrator.

Not sure what happened, but I went back to catalyst 5.6 anyway.

Comment

No dont go back to 5.6!!!!

Reinstall your 5.8 cats, but first using the ATI uninstaller, uninstall your old video drivers. Its because you had a bad instalation when you install the drivers. You installed it on top of your old one.

Chances are thats whats causing the prolbem

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul

Reinstall your 5.8 cats, but first using the ATI uninstaller, uninstall your old video drivers. Its because you had a bad instalation when you install the drivers. You installed it on top of your old one.

Mate, I posted about this yesterday.
                I had problems on my 9800 after going from 5.6 to 5.8.
                I used the ati uninstaller then used proclean to remove driver residue.
                I reinstalled 5.8, removed BF2. re-installed and patched etc and.... same problem again.
                went back to 5.6 and everything is working again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul

There is a problem with the 5.8 drivers on 9XXX series cards. Anything after 5.6 seems to work just fine. I tried the 5.7 and 5.8 on a 9600XT and a 9800 Pro card and both cards had issues with both driver version. When I rolled back to 5.6, issues resolved. The ATI uinstaller and the Add/Remove from Windows, deleted registry keys and Program Files folder when uninstalling 5.8.

Tried the 5.8 on a x800 card and performance was increased and no graphical glitches or warping experienced.

Comment

Just an update.After using the CAT uninstaller,I reinstalled 5.8 and had the same problems.After once again uninstalling the 5.8 drivers,I went back and install 5.6.I have no more problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X