Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Help

hey,
    I had a 17" monitor plugged into my laptop, but when i removed the monitor and tried to play BF2 on my laptop's screen, the game will not launch. It starts to boot up but then crashes back to desktop. I tried deleting cached files in my documents.... but it still wont work. Any ideas?
    -thanks

Re: Monitor Help

maybe the screen is sooo bad it just wont display anything. Has this screen played games before?

Comment

Hmmm...

Shut down and boost back up...maybe the OS just needs to affirm to itself that it's displaying to the LCD and not the external monitor. It sounds dumb but somtimes the simplest things are the best fixes.

Comment

When you create a BF2 profile it records info concerning your hardware and configures the game for your card/displays. Changing the monitor results in BF2 not being able to startup properly 'cos it's not finding the hardware it's expecting.

Try reading this thread :

Some people have had to reinstall and others just deleted the BF2 folder in the 'my docs' folder.

Comment

go to whateverdrive:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache and delete all the folders in there and restart the game, you should be grand then

Comment

Working...
          X