I got my X800XL now..( fps problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my X800XL now..( fps problems)

Well today after a lot of trouble I got my x800xl, trouble because the dumb @ss UPS guy sent it to the wrong house . My problem now are my fps, I'm not getting good fps! im gettin like 28-36 on high everything except for light and shadows on medium, aax2 and on 800x600 ( i think thats what it is) the crazy thing is that even at 18fps I move real smoothly no lag at all. Anyone know what the hell is wrong? people with x800xl's what drivers are you using?

Re: I got my X800XL now..( fps problems)

I hear the 5.6 drivers are the best bet. I guess the 5.7 and 5.8s have issues.

Comment

wats your system specs? i.e. how much RAM do you have?

Comment

Look at my sig...

Comment

5.8 was supposed to address issues...I got no problems with it, try em.

Comment

The P4 comes in many different versions so your sig doesn't help all that much. Do you have one with 800FSB and a dual channel motherboard? Are you running 2 memory sticks in dual mode? Try running geometry setting on medium.

Comment

The x800xl is a mid-range card, you shouldn't be expecting all high settings with good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by djstubbs
                The x800xl is a mid-range card, you shouldn't be expecting all high settings with good performance.

I didn't say I was running it all on high...and how is the x800xl a mid range card and if it is since when do you need the best card to run a game on high?
                I'm running 4 sticks in dual channel

It's ok for right now the 5.8's gave me better fps.. so i'm good to go.

Comment

The X800 XL is a high end card... Since only the X850 XT and the 7800 GTX are the only cards better then it(6800 ultra is an equivilant). Saying the X800 XL is a mid range card is really stupid.

Also your CPU might be holding your Video card back... BF2 isnt really dependant on the CPU. But upgrading CPU sure would help out alot.

Comment

the price is midrange lol

Comment

Yeah, price is mid-high range, but performance is high. It has 16 pipes for only 300 bucks, but now nVIdia has lowered it's prices too. But at the time that i got mine, it was one of the best deals around. I run max settings with 1280x960 res and 6xAA with mine.

Comment

I have an x800xl and use the 5.8 catalysts.

My settings are:

Everything on high expect terrain, dynamic shadows and textures (which are all on medium) and 6x aa. Runs smooths as anyone could hope and looks great. I might get another gig of ram so I can put the textures on high. Not that bothered though becuase I don't notice much difference.

My hardware is:

AMD 64 3200+
                        Asus A8V-E Deluxe
                        Sapphire X800xl
                        1gb of corsair value select
                        80gb seagate barracuda sata
                        soundblaster audigy 2 value
                        windows xp service pack 2

i'll post a screenshot if you want.

Try the omega drivers. I had them for my 9800pro and had no problems. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RoboJesus
                          I have an x800xl and use the 5.8 catalysts.

My settings are:

Everything on high expect terrain, dynamic shadows and textures (which are all on medium) and 6x aa. Runs smooths as anyone could hope and looks great. I might get another gig of ram so I can put the textures on high. Not that bothered though becuase I don't notice much difference.

My hardware is:

AMD 64 3200+
                          Asus A8V-E Deluxe
                          Sapphire X800xl
                          1gb of corsair value select
                          80gb seagate barracuda sata
                          soundblaster audigy 2 value
                          windows xp service pack 2

i'll post a screenshot if you want.

Try the omega drivers. I had them for my 9800pro and had no problems. Good luck.
                          WOW:shock: , my specs are like the exact same, i have a 3200+ 1gig valueselevt, X800XL, a mobo, but i haave a Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA and i don't have a sound card. And we both basically run the same settings, kool.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                            WOW:shock: , my specs are like the exact same, i have a 3200+ 1gig valueselevt, X800XL, a mobo, but i haave a Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA and i don't have a sound card. And we both basically run the same settings, kool.
                            Yeah the sound card just means i can play with sound on high and not crappy onboard which annoys me. I cannot complain about the price and performance of the x800xl, bargain.

Comment

Working...
                            X