Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x800 powercolor

Hello. Does anyone here have this card?
    PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 GT 256MB DDR3/256 Bit Dual DVI/HDTV Out PCI-Express Video Card

If so, how do u think it would run bf2 with this setup:
    AMD 64 3000 Venice,
    MSI K8N NEO4-F MOBO s939,
    120 gig SeaGate Barracuada HD,
    Corsair Value Select PC3200 1GB 2X512MB DDR400 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory

Thanks
    Chris

Re: x800 powercolor

I don't have that card, but I do have an X800XL. You should be ablt to run all high, maybe med textures, with 2 AA at 1280x960. You really need 2 gb of memory to run all high, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by lcplsickoll
      I don't have that card, but I do have an X800XL. You should be ablt to run all high, maybe med textures, with 2 AA at 1280x960. You really need 2 gb of memory to run all high, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.
      Whats is the diff between the pro and XL?

Comment

Ok...the X800XL has 16 pipelines and runs at 400/980 engin/mem. clocks
        the X800Pro has 12 pipes and runs at 475/900 and I think it's only AGP. Not positive.
        the X800GT has 8 pipes and runs at 475/980. The lack of pipes will hurt it.
        It's the 16 pipes that make the X800XL a good performer.

Comment

I have a powercolor x800xt-pe runs bf2 great. I usually play on all high settings, although I havent really taken the time to mess around with AA.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            I have a powercolor x800xt-pe runs bf2 great. I usually play on all high settings, although I havent really taken the time to mess around with AA.
            Depending on the rest of your rig, you should have not problem turn AA up to a minimum of 4 with that card. It's better than mine.

Comment

I know. its just hard finding the time to mess with settings when I can be playing BF2.

P4 3.2 ~ 2gig Corsair xms 3200pro ~ x800xt-pe ~ 74g raptor hdd ~ abit Ic7g-max2
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I have a X800pro 8 x agp 256MB, but I run it with all 16 pipelines open with the core @ 555.75Mhz memory @ 560.25 x 2 = 1.12Ghz - it's great for OC'ing but you need to add some extra cooling like an artic 4 silencer which makes it a big bulky card..

some claim to oc it to much higher levels on the core personally i can't get beyond 564ish let alone up to 600

I should add that I can play BF2 with all setting high except texture which is medium with 6 X AA & 8 X AF @ a resolution of 1280 X 960 @ 100Hz

Comment

How is this card?
                  EVGA E-GEFORCE 6800 256MB 256BIT DDR PCI-E VGA DVI-I HDTV-OUT VIDEO CARD

link: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=eVGA

Is that a good price (CDN), or can i get it cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X