Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assault Unlock...runs out of ammo quickly!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Unlock...runs out of ammo quickly!!!

I was so excited, got my next unlock and selected the Assault's G3 (miss my grenade launcher, but now I have grenades ). Anyhow, the thing runs out of ammo so fast...gee wiz :ar15:

I even run the thing in single-shot mode and find that I run out of ammo very quickly.

Any idea to make the G3 more worth while?

Re: Assault Unlock...runs out of ammo quickly!!!

Originally posted by Harmor
    I was so excited, got my next unlock and selected the Assault's G3 (miss my grenade launcher, but now I have grenades ). Anyhow, the thing runs out of ammo so fast...gee wiz :ar15:

I even run the thing in single-shot mode and find that I run out of ammo very quickly.

because it only has a 20 round magazine.

Comment

Yeah I agree, the limited ammo really does suck. And the accuracy isn't what I thought (...and was told) it would be. Kinda wish I had unlocked something else. The options for gernades are fine, and I like having the auto option when I play US but I think it's a pretty crappy gun as a whole especially when compared to the other assualt guns.

Comment

its a 7.62 rifle, take your pick lots of little bullets or less big bullets.

Comment

it is the strongest gun in the game the ak doesn 37 dmg per bullet but the G3 does 40 dmg per bullet its much stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
            Anyhow, the thing runs out of ammo so fast...gee wiz
            One more reason to play in a squad.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
              One more reason to play in a squad.
              I always play in squads. I get onto a server and I find the largest squad and try to keep the squad leader alive - I usually take point since I have an armored vest as Assault.

Anyhow, most squads don't have a Support guy (no need to go into the reasons why since there are plenty of threads discussing their issues), and so when I run out of ammo, its like, "Ok, take out my trusty pistol and lets see what happens."

I usually die in the next firefight when that happens (pistols take 4-5 body shots to kill someone, most people can kill you before then especially if they are in an Assault kit).

I found myself going back to the trusty AK. Although it does 3 more damage as you suggest, when hitting someone for 37x3 or 40x3 both guns have you dead.

Comment

if your out of ammo, just pick up another pack and move on. :salute:
                "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  if your out of ammo, just pick up another pack and move on. :salute:
                  Good idea , didn't think of that!!!

Comment

AK-101 is better.

Comment

Originally posted by C11.Nemisis
                      it is the strongest gun in the game the ak doesn 37 dmg per bullet but the G3 does 40 dmg per bullet its much stronger
                      the pkm does 47 dmg and the m95 does 95 dmg... but i guess you ment that it is the strongest weapon for the assault class...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                        the pkm does 47 dmg and the m95 does 95 dmg... but i guess you ment that it is the strongest weapon for the assault class...
                        Correction, the PKM does 45 damage, but it's on par with the semi auto snper rifles. But the PKM is still powerful as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                          AK-101 is better.
                          so when your playing as USA how are you supposed to spawn with an AK? you cant thats why unlocks are good, you can choose to have a decent weapon no matter what army your on. imo most of those chinese weapons suck balls.
                          "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

i also unlocked the g3, and while i do love it, i wish that the kit came with at least 5 mags - 4 is just not enough. with the handicap of having limited ammo and no noobtoob, you must learn different tactics for the g3. i've found that it is most effective to use it in single fire mode while crouched or prone, and engage enemy troops at medium to long range distances. take aim and don't waste ammo on trying to make impossible shots. switch to full auto only for cqb - remap a key for this so that you can switch quickly instead of using the mouse scroll. i invested in a belkin speedpad and it helps a lot. you should practice switching to your pistol quickly after you empty a g3 clip in cqb situations. if you're fighting while standing the g3 isn't very accurate, but you've probably damaged the enemy enough to finish him off quickly with the pistol. since i started doing this i am winning more cqb's.

Comment

I usually request for ammo, or a supply drop, or go find ammo bags. At least untill i unlock another weapon, maybe support.

Comment

Working...
                              X