VERY quiet EAX effects in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY quiet EAX effects in BF2

I guess I have never really noticed before until I heard a .mp3 file of what EAX effects SHOULD sound like.

I can hear the EAX effects but there are EXTREMELY quiet. Too quiet. I can barely tell when they are on.

For example, go into the tunnels in Kubra Dam in a jeep. Honk the horn while in the 3rd person camera view. The EAX echo/reverb effects should be EXTREMELY noticeable. Also, while in the tunnel...go to the options menu and start clicking buttons...the echo is also heard on the menu 'ping' sound.

You should also notice EAX effects when you fire your weapons.

I can ONLY hear the EAX effects on the car horn. The EAX on the weapons is far too quiet and is drowned out by the effect of the gun firing.

When I'm in the game and ALT-TAB out and try to run any of the EAX settings applets, I cannot change a thing. All of the options have disappeared or are greyed out.

Anybody have any ideas for me?

I'm using an SB Audigy 1 OEM.

Re: VERY quiet EAX effects in BF2

i know this sounds old but have you checked to be sure you are running the latest creative drivers? they released a set this summer that improves performance in OpenAL games (eg bf2). with an older set running i had all kinds of sound problems.

as an aside i have noticed the EAX effects are suprisingly quiet. i remember a month or so ago hearing them very clearly but now you mentions it i barely notice them. strange...

oh also you are running on "hardware" sound mode arent you?

Comment

Re: VERY quiet EAX effects in BF2

Yeah, I was running the latest OpenAL betas since they were released. I also installed the X-Fi drivers released yesterday.

When neither of those gave me noticeable EAX effects, I reverted back to an old driver version from last year...same thing.

So....maybe I'll try my onboard sound and see what I get.

Otherwise, may I WILL have to get an X-Fi card when they're available here in Canada.

Comment

Working...
      X