EA bashing anyone?...read this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA bashing anyone?...read this...

Ok not meaning to whine... but vent a little..

Regarding EA's Recent press release..

I want to work in the industy! Imagine if everyone had a job where you could use this conduct.. the engineering company I work for wouldn't last two months if we did this...

Yea, so and so at GM, we'll get those issues with your purchased instrumentation worked out by next week... (next week comes)- Gosh I think we were just too agressive in our goals in fixing your problems and we want the best for you so rather then giving you a timeline, you'll just get it when we are done. We don't know when that is but rest assured we are working on it.

yea right...

Ok sarcasim aside, I am looking foward to this.. what really peaves me is the only public feedback that EA has http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3636
    was taken offline JUST before this press release and is still offline- There used to be a US based forums, but EA took it down because it was tarnishing thier reputations with an overwhelming complaint about battlefield Vietnam.. pretty bad when a companies reputation is so bad they now do a pre-emptive take down of thier own forums to avoid negative press. The ivory tower BS just gets old. But heh, it will be this way and as long as software developer studios don't demand better from thier publisher ....

Re: EA bashing anyone?...read this...

Those forums were probably hurting sales. That's why it's down.

Comment

Exactly everbody on there was Bitching on and on

Comment

From what I know the US forums were taken down because they were just a mass of abusive with nothing constructive said on them.

Comment

Go check the G4 forums, all of the cancled shows- Arena, Unscrewed, and The screensaver used to still have forums and alot of active members when it cancled. But, since everyone was complaining about it, (because they replaced actuall gaming shows on a gaming channel with.. THE WHIP SET?)

And g4 can't come up with a reasonable answer so they put the forum down, and made only one thread/topic for each show.

Basicly g4 sucks, they replaced gaming/tech shows with the whip set and street fury, both have nothing to do with games.

Comment

Originally posted by alecs36
            Basicly g4 sucks, they replaced gaming/tech shows with the whip set and street fury, both have nothing to do with games.
            Someone knows my pain!!! THANKYOU!!:cry:

Anyways, I loved to watch Arena, something fun to think that online gaming was being made more a sport on that show, but they HAD to take it away. Just like they took away the ScreenSavers, the best show they had on there.

Comment

EA's lack of support goes way back. Dungeon Master was one of the first games I remember waiting for a patch on. The "Network Play" had a memory leak that crashed the game. We waited for a patch... It never came.

It's usually not the developers fault. The developer gets pushed onto a new product and no time or money is allocated to patch the old product.

This sort of things been going on at EA for years. It's pretty much standard operating proceedure, but they still sell a ton of games, so why would they change.

Comment

I'm not surprised they shut down their forums... given the average age of the ppl that post there ( i doubt there was much constructive criticism)... ppl of which propably about half have leeched their games from the internet without paying a dime and then complaining about how bad they are...

Good comparison MSC SniperX. And i do admit almost all games nowadays are released too early and patched too many times after release.

But then again the whole process is a bit different isn't it? When an engineering company starts to develope a program they have a specification about the things the program should be able to do and how. This is not the case with games, but even that doesn't explain things like the "red-team-mate-name-bug".

Comment

one word why i hate ea, westwood, why oh why did they have to buy the awsome company and ruin it completely, i know generals was fun for many people, but red alert 2 was SO MUCH BETTER arg. EA buys companys that make awsome games, then makes new ones in that gerne that completely RUIN those games.

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingRaccoon
                    one word why i hate ea, westwood, why oh why did they have to buy the awsome company and ruin it completely
                    I feel your pain.

Comment

I actually find that quite amusing. I guess we have a voice afterall Still, they have our money so there's very little we can do about them doing very little.

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingRaccoon
                        one word why i hate ea, westwood, why oh why did they have to buy the awsome company and ruin it completely, i know generals was fun for many people, but red alert 2 was SO MUCH BETTER arg. EA buys companys that make awsome games, then makes new ones in that gerne that completely RUIN those games.
                        Westwood bet the farm on Renegades, and lost. Kind of funny how DICE has managed to release a game sort of like Renegades and everyone (well almost everyone) loves it.

Comment

Peace through power! the Brotherhood of Nod

Comment

'I've Got a Present for Ya'

Comment

Working...
                            X