Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA should release a hardware survey

Not sure if this is the right forum but anyway,

For people who had steam, a little while ago there was an option to take a hardware test which would measure the hardware in your computer and send the results to Valve. Here are the results:

They are, in short, extremely bad because most people with steam play cs1.6 which is six years old. Obviously, people who play bf2 would have much better computers than this.

Therefore I think it would be a good idea for EA to make a hardware survey, so we can see how good the computers are for people who play high demanding games like bf2

Re: EA should release a hardware survey

Originally posted by ud!t

For people who had steam, a little while ago there was an option to take a hardware test which would measure the hardware in your computer and send the results to Valve. Here are the results:

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

They are, in short, extremely bad because most people with steam play cs1.6 which is six years old. Obviously, people who play bf2 would have much better computers than this.

Therefore I think it would be a good idea for EA to make a hardware survey, so we can see how good the computers are for people who play high demanding games like bf2
    EA doesnt care if it works on your pc or not.. they got your money,
    thats the only stat on any survery they care about.. we are all
    paying beta testers right now..

Comment

I honestly don't get how people can't upgrade ram, isn't it the least expensive part in upgrading your pc?

Comment

Would have been nice.

I play BF2 on my radeon 9200SE. I got a 9600 and it doesn't play the game.
        I called ATI up and they told me that there is no way that the 9200 is supposed to play it, and that the 9600 is not supposed to play bf2 as well even though the BF2 readme says it's supported.

Comment

Actually, this survey probably reflects what most of us actually are playing BF2 with. Many BF2 players I know came from CS 1.6 & CS:S, HL2- engine. So a lot of the configs in that survey would ring true for current BF2 users.

Not all of us have the budget to buy the latest,greatest comps. You'll find this is true as you get older, and have a mortgage, car payments, and a family to raise.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty

Not all of us have the budget to buy the latest,greatest comps. You'll find this is true as you get older, and have a mortgage, car payments, and a family to raise.
            Hear Hear!

Comment

Originally posted by ThyNecromancer
              Would have been nice.

I play BF2 on my radeon 9200SE. I got a 9600 and it doesn't play the game.
              I called ATI up and they told me that there is no way that the 9200 is supposed to play it, and that the 9600 is not supposed to play bf2 as well even though the BF2 readme says it's supported.

I have the 9600 and it runs great ( yours must be broke or something):laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by menace-uk-
                I have the 9600 and it runs great ( yours must be broke or something):laugh:
                nope not broke. I got this card about a month ago and thought it was defective. Sent it back and got a new one.. same thing.

Not sure if I need new processor or more ram... or what.

1.7 amd sempron
                512 ddr ram
                400 watt power supply

Comment

Originally posted by ThyNecromancer
                  nope not broke. I got this card about a month ago and thought it was defective. Sent it back and got a new one.. same thing.

Not sure if I need new processor or more ram... or what.

1.7 amd sempron
                  512 ddr ram
                  400 watt power supply

512 is seriously low for BF2.. I have found that 1.5GB is
                  preferred for any of my rigs to get BF2 to run on them
                  like I want too.. 1GB is ok.. but 1.5GB always seem to
                  take away any stuttering, or other memory related problems
                  with BF2..

on a side note;

when a game company tells me it must be my equipment
                  (although I tend to buy high dollar good stuff...) I always tell
                  them 'well it seems to do fine on my other 36 games..' then
                  they, of course, say well our game is blah blah blah blah... and
                  blah blah... then i tell them to stfu, and take the game back
                  for a refund...

Comment

I'm going to get more ram. Even with my 512 I rarely have graphics lag. In my bios I set the video settings to take have the ram if needed and I"ve been good since then.

I'm just peeved that my radeon 9600 doesn't work for bf2

Comment

Actually it was just a survey with selection boxes ... not a program.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedyGonzales
                        Hear Hear!
                        We all make our choices. I chose PC games over women, marriage, children and mortgage. I am 32 and will play games till I die in my chair.

Comment

EA should release a survey on what we think of the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X