AI / remote control modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI / remote control modding

I'm looking into trying to modify the behaviour of "computer controlled" forces and must say I haven't found so many clues yet.

I would like to be able to read a state from the server (send to other process/machin/...) and the let one or more forces act accodring to my external software (AI or remote control).

Is this possible? I have seen traces of Python on the server side but it mostly looks like it is code between rounds and when a user is killed.

Is there ANY info about this? Any pointers or tips?

Re: AI / remote control modding

what are you talking about? the AIPathFinding file isnt even in a format windows can unpack. for that reason only, wait till sp editor.
    But as far as I can tell, the ai do not follow a waypoint in order, example 1 2 3 4 5. A chain of events needs to occurre, example if outpost lost, redirect to root 5. another thing when you throw a GRENADE at the ai, they dont follow the levels waypoint. they makeup a waypoint. I found that out when I spawned the ai in 64map, so they ether die, or sometimes they dont.

Comment

> what are you talking about? the AIPathFinding file isnt even in a format > windows can unpack.

Let me elaborate. I think the world that battlefiled simulates is fun. I'd like to do a server extension.
      Lets say I would invent an automatic bodyguard. I'd like to program it (using some favourite language) to look around and try to evaluate which of the objects/vehicles/players poses the biggest threat to the player that the bodyguard is assigned to.

To do this I need to "tap into" my server (since this would be a server extension) read the data about all objects around. Control the "bodyguard" to fire etc.

The same "technique" could be used for creating new objects like alarms. (if they do not already exist).

> for that reason only, wait till sp editor.

Excuse my ignorance what is the "sp editor"?

Thanx // Martin

Comment

the formats for aipathfindings are: Infantry.clb>Infantry.qtr>Vehicle.clb>Vehicle.qtr> .

example C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf
        \Levels\Dalian_plant\server.zip\aipathfindings

now if were talking about 2 different things. let me know.

because format .cld and .qtr, are not formats windows can read.

unless you have an interpreter. then let me know.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance what is the "single player editor"?

its most likely to be a plugin (for bf2editor), for mapping ai waypoints.

Comment

To do this I need to "tap into" my server (since this would be a server extension) read the data about all objects around. Control the "bodyguard" to fire etc.

I understood what you were saying. until this quote. what do you mean by tap into your server?

Comment

>> To do this I need to "tap into" my server (since this would be a server >> extension) read the data about all objects around. Control the "bodyguard" to fire etc.

> I understood what you were saying. until this quote. what do you mean > by tap into your server?

I mean I'd like to access the data on the server (all the positions of all objects). If I can acess the data I can write a program that does ANY processing and then affects the objects in the simulation.
              (just like computer controlled forces does even though I would probably use other algorthms etc)

Comment

thats a pretty good idea, but your getting into some hairey programing.

Comment

Working...
                X