Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I was USMC, but my team thought I was M and M thought I was M dont miss this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I was USMC, but my team thought I was M and M thought I was M dont miss this..

Ok, had a really odd thing happen to me today, I joined game as USMC and spawn. Well I kept getting tkd, and for some reason couldnt punish. so I got pissed and found the furthest spawn I could. Well that just happened to be the same place a squad of M's were headed towards. I panicked took one out with a grenade from a hidden spot then popped up and ran at the other 3 expecting the end. They just looked at me and went on their way, so I killed em. Ran up to the fight, ran into 2 more M's, it was almost as if they didnt see me because I was standing there 5 feet from 3 of them so I shot one and the other 2 looked over, but it was as if they couldnt see anyone. I let out a sorry just in case but they just stared and moved on. So I killed them.

No TK message came up, I was in USMC camo, but for some reason they either didnt really see me or I had no color indicator.

Now I know what you're thinking, and I wasnt sure what was up till it happpened a few more times.

What clenched it for me was when I was looking at map the flag next to me had a USMC flag, then all of a sudden there was a "losing our base message" which made me curious so I started looking for M's. Then I looked over and a M's flag was going up the pole and I got a message about points for capture flag even though I was clearly USMC.

So I was playing as an USMC, but M's were seeing a M's and my team was seeing a M's, but I was seeing a USMC but taking out flags as an M. I swear I was spawning at USMC's all game, and taking out entire squads with grenade launcher because I could walk right up to them.

It was really ****ed up.

The only thing I could think of was that when I joined they changed my side 3 times and maybe something got whacked.

It was kind of cool but only lasted that round. Had an M's not walked up to me and offered me a med kit I would have gone on pot break for awhile, but it happened...
    ...and then I killed him.

Re: Today I was USMC, but my team thought I was M and M thought I was M dont miss this..

I think I get what you are trying to say here but it is hazy as I don't understand the meaning of "M's". Please explain.

Comment

Re: Today I was USMC, but my team thought I was M and M thought I was M dont miss this..

Exactly...I couldn't understand this whole 'M' thing and just moved on to another topic.

Comment

M = enemy

though it did take me a while to work out!

Comment

Re: Today I was USMC, but my team thought I was M and M thought I was M dont miss thi

I presumed he meant MEC. Story makes sense then.

I've never seen this, probably a rare bug?

Comment

Re: Today I was USMC, but my team thought I was M and M thought I was M dont miss thi

Somebody tked me by putting a mine in front of my vehicle, and although it said that he tked me, i didn't get to punish, nor did he get negative points, maybe it's the server, cause mines are really controversial.

Comment

It's just the bug that your name shows up red.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking MEC too but "enemy" also makes sense I guess (kind of, it gets pretty confusing there at the end).

EDIT - Geelhoed, I think it is a little more than this but I can't be sure as I still don't entirely comprend the post.

Comment

That happened to one of our guys too. It was on Dragon Valley. We were all USMC. NOw here's the weird part. He was listed on the Chinese team, and his bot looked Chinese too. But when I killed him, it said I was charged with a tk?

We were on TS together and kept saying "ELI....stop shooting me dammit!" "I'm on your team!" But the game player list said he wasn't and his bot didn't look like USMC....so wtf.

Hope 1.03 fixes that!:hmm:

Comment

i've had something that sounds very similer. on the MEC team but there names wornt visibal, but the enemy team USMC names here on the screen. so i aws running around trying to kill my own team but couldn't kill aby one.but the flag re-spawning was all waired. i left the server and rejoined after afew minutes and it was fine.

Comment

replace M with Marklar and it all makes sense.

Comment

ROFL! Ah marklar, you such a noob destroying my marklar with a marklar.

Comment

*Moved to bugs.

Comment

Sorry bout the confusion, needed some coffee.

Yes M's = MEC.

In 2 sentaces or less, I was playing as a USMC but appeared to my team as either "NOTHING" having no label or as MEC. I appeared to the enemy as MEC, ie on the same team or at the very least no label.

What makes me so certain this was happening is the whole flag bug, my minimap was showing me one thing but the game was seeing me as MEC even though I had just spawned there as a USMC. It was really freaky because I kept looking for the MEC who was taking down the flag and there was nobody, then I got the "you have captured.." message even though I was clearly on the USMC team in the scoreboard.

It was fun while it lasted.

Someone whos an admin should try messing with the switch teams feature. Switch a bud a bunch of times and see if anything funky happens, because I was switched 3 times before I got in game.

Comment

Marklar was playing Marklar as a Marklar, and this one Marklar kept showing up with a red Marklar, but his Marklar was fine and no other Marklars showed up that way. Marklar was in my Marklar, so Marklar kept apologizing in advance to Marklar if Marklar TKed Markla and told Marklar what was happening.

Translation:
                              I was playing Strike at Karkand as an MEC, and this one friendly kept showing up with a red tag, but his uniform was fine and no other friendlies showed up that way. He was in my squad, so I kept apologizing in advance to everyone if I TKed him and told them what was happening.

PS - Personally I think colored tags should be thrown out. You should have to go by uniform. Perhaps this would make everyone work to increase their SA by communicating more/at all with their teammates. That, and it adds realism by further enhancing the "fog of war."

Comment

Working...
                              X