Thinking About Buying BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking About Buying BF2

However will my computer be able to run it okay? not amazing settings... but so i can enjoy it?

Geforce 6800GT 256Mb
    1GB RAM
    2.6Ghz Processor

err any more info needed?

Thanks

Re: Thinking About Buying BF2

Yes your computer will run it at medium/high settings!

Buy it! :banana:

Comment

thats funny i was thinking of selling you my copy for a mere $85.00 USD mines worth more then new because its been tested and proved too be usefull

Comment

nice one.... off to shops

Comment

Originally posted by danovo
          nice one.... off to shops
          You could just download the demo you know.

Comment

my bro has a similar setup but with a 128MB 6600GT and it starts to lag on highest settings but i think thatrs lack of video memory so if u have 256mb it should tun mint. His stil runs it very very well so yeah you'll be fine

Comment

Yeah, I believe BF2 is one of the few games that can use up more than 128MB of Video memory. Back at home, my computer runs on 9800XT 256MB and it ran BF2 demo at 1280x1024, Highest Setting, 2x AA maintaining 30 fps. When I went to California on vacation, the computer I was playing BF2 Retail ran on 9800 Pro 128MB*. However, I had to run it on 1024x768 with medium textures** and everything else on high with 2x just to get a smooth framerate.

*Performance wise, 9800XT and 9800 Pro is almost identical with 9800XT outperforming by only a few FPS.

**Textures take up a lot of Video Memory.

Comment

i would get it, that pc should be able to handle it

Comment

Mine is lower spec about from the processor, i have a p4 3ghz, and the rest in minum requirements! Nvidia ge-force fx 5700 LE, 512MB ram. I run it at 1280*1024 (Looks better , i have a 17" TFT). According to fraps im usually around 30FPS, sometimes higher depeding on the server, yes, you should buy it!

Comment

Working...
                  X