• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 is raping my system, help!

my specs:
    AMD64 3000+
    1gb DDR
    AGP Geforce 6200 128mb

When I try to play the game, It starts, but then the screen freezes for 15-20 seconds at a time during gameplay. I know that my system isnt exactly high-end, but it should definatly run the game on low settings. I have the latest nvidia drivers...please help!

Re: BF2 is raping my system, help!

too many background programs? - apparently BF2 needs just over a gb of RAM to run properly, so you should be shutting off every program to give bf2 every bit of RAM u can (anti-virus/spam/pop-up etc)

ctrl+alt+dlt and go to processes and shut down anything you dont need

Hope it Helps.

Comment

Originally posted by w00ties
      too many background programs? - apparently BF2 needs just over a gb of RAM to run properly, so you should be shutting off every program to give bf2 every bit of RAM u can (anti-virus/spam/pop-up etc)

ctrl+alt+dlt and go to processes and shut down anything you dont need

Hope it Helps.
      Only needs a gig on high settings, if you run med or low then 1GB is sufficient.

@ the_waffler: is your card just the plain 6200 or is it a tC model?

Comment

Do you have AA or AF on? If so turn them off. You should get away with low settings just about and I don't think it's the RAM if everything is on low. You could try altering your sound settings. Try low, or medium ect depending when it's on now. Also try turning fast writes on/off in the BIOS and set your AGP aperture to 128MB or 256MB.

Comment

bummerrrrrrrrr turbo cache problem?

Comment

Working...
          X