Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunkBuster Lockup Solution!

Well i emailed PunkBuster, and they replied with this email

"Note #2: If you are getting full lockups of the computer when entering a PB enabled Server, do the following:
    - check if it happens on non-PB server
    - check for latest graphics driver
    - check for latest chipset driver
    - if you have a SATA controller - see below

nForce4-Board:
    As a nForce4 user you should make sure you have up-to-date nForce drivers installed (the original drivers for nForce4 are known to cause problems). Do not forget to first uninstall the old drivers!

SiS 96x Chipset + SATA:
    If you have this chipset, please install the following driver: http://driver3.sis.com/raid/raid303.zip

Silicon Image Sil 3x12A SATA RAID:
    Installing this driver will fix the issue. Note that it is just for RAID controller.

SATA controller:
    Check what SATA controller was built into your system. Check on the controller manufacturers website for updated drivers (especially WHQL drivers).
    If none was found check the chipset manufacturers website for such a driver, after that check the mainboards manufacturers website.
    If no success at all these places do the following:
    Delete the driver in the device manager. Let windows find the driver and let it search for a capable driver at "windows update". It should find a WHQL certified driver now. That should work.

Also, close all other programs (especially debuggers both user mode and kernel), they could be interfering with PB.

If you need more help, please let me know which motherboard you have in your computer. I can point you in the right direction for the right driver update then, thanks."

Hopefully that will help some of you with problems

Re: PunkBuster Lockup Solution!

I replied back, ill let you know if they reply back with some more info..

Comment

Re: PunkBuster Lockup Solution!

They sent me the same email exactly. It ended up being my IOMEGA ZIP drive, deleted a service apps file and FIXED! If you have that or a multiple card reader? Check those first. Read this.

Comment

Working...
      X