minimod test coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimod test coming soon

How do i make my own mod instead of the bf2 editor-made one???????

Re: How do i?

I dont know; but why

Comment

me want to make mini-mod

Comment

Well you need to know how to skinn,code,unwrap,model, and so on

stick with playing mods unless you know what your doing or have a mentor

Comment

no no no i mean how doi create a mod,not skinning do i copy something?

Comment

Like hover jeeps or a full blown mod?

Comment

the easyest way to create an mod is:

1. goto your ...\Battlefield 2\mods\ , create a new Folder with your modname
              2. copy all the files and folders from ...\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\ to your new folder
              3. goto your modfolder and extract contents of Objects_server.zip to any location of your PC , thats the Place where you will edit your files
              4. make all the extracted files writable , because they are readonly when u extract them
              5. make your changes in one file , maybe \Weapons\Handheld\USRGL_M203\USRGL_M203.tweak
              change:
              line 150 ObjectTemplate.velocity 50 to 75
              line 122 ObjectTemplate.detonation.explosionRadius 5 to 50
              line 124 ObjectTemplate.detonation.explosionDamage 150 to 10000

6. save the file and copy it back to the .zip archive
              7. goto your desktop , copy the link to your original BF2 and edit the Properties to
              "...\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/modname

8. start the game with this link, start an singleplayer game and choose US Assault , now you have some kind of nuclear grenade launcher

I hope i didnt forget anything , but if you do it that way it should work

Comment

mmm....nuclear gernade launcher *drools*

ok i did it and wanna release it but its 1.80 GB long and can;t load it on file front what do i do?

how do i get my minimod size down? my mod size is 1.47 GB and can't change it can anyone help???

Comment

Re: How??

Pm davis he always knows that stuff

Comment

Re: How??

Take out the maps. get rid of files you did not edit.

Comment

^^^^^ you must be nuts :laugh:

I have a minimod test coming soon (hopeful tomorrow ) and i've made some changes:

Add M82 to Sniper class
                      add civilian cars and trucks to urban 64 player size maps
                      modify thing in kits
                      made wrecks last longer
                      made ragdolls last longer after death
                      and more i can't think of........

I took out some maps since its 1.47 GB now 912mb uploading on filefront now and i'll release it tomorrow if Filefront aprovves it but i'll add a map pack sometime after release to this mod

Comment

Re: minimod test coming soon

Cool look forward to testing it especially the rag doll

Comment

since its 1.47 i had to remove the maps to make it smaller but i'll add a map pack of all the maps + custom maps made over here

Comment

damn... it sounds good, but man, i wont download a mini mod that's 900mb, i mean... the PRMM is like 4mb, why dont u do something with the same size?

Comment

hi , i have some minimod for my own at www.exentriker.de/bf2/ , it has only 763KB and you can install it easy by klicking a INSATLL.bat, it makes all the copying of the necesarry files automatically. You can take it as startpoint for your own.

you just have to include the files you have changed into the mod, not the whole object_server.zip , or whatelse.

I have some minimod for my own at www.exentriker.de/bf2/ , it has only 763KB and you can install it easy by klicking a INSATLL.bat, it makes all the copying of the necesarry files automatically. You can take it as startpoint for your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X