Unlocked weapon should be patched!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocked weapon should be patched!!!

G36C: The most accurate automatic gun, but too weak!!, They should replace it as G36K

M95 :If they dont fix the accuracy, it sucks, or just add more damage +5

G3: TOOOOoooo Innaccurate!!, EA have to set it as accurate as M16 at least or add a Barrel Grenade launcher. G3 has same firing power as AK101!!

PKM: Uh, U have more chance to kill someone by throwiing rocks on them than using this..

Jackhammer: Didnt test yet, I know all unlock gun are weak, it should have 10 Gauge inside the loader in real life!

L85A2: Nice scope but Not Accurate at all!! same accuracy as a m16 or ak101

DAO12: Use your time to reload, ill rate the damage to medium-high even it said its high, take 2 gauge to kill one, M117 takes 1 shot most of the time

Finally, All sight are cheap made, id say pistol sight are okay. I hope EA will upgrade those like in Call of Duty =)

Re: Unlocked weapon should be patched!!!

live with it..........guns are FINE...............

Comment

Originally posted by dragon159753
      live with it..........guns are FINE...............
      What i hate the most is theres NO improuvement on unlock weapon.

Comment

Ya, an unlock SHOULD be an improvement, but alas, EA won't do sh!t about it.

Comment

Originally posted by [X1X]-=+XoX1de+=-
          What i hate the most is theres NO improuvement on unlock weapon.
          Unlocked guns are an alternative, not better (as intended by DICE).

Comment

G36C: The most accurate automatic gun, but too weak!!, They should replace it as G36K
            It does the same same damage as the m4, except more accurate and less recoil. Therefor, it is just flat-out better and a good unlock. Nothing is wrong with it.

M95 :If they dont fix the accuracy, it sucks, or just add more damage +5
            95 damage + 5 = 1 shot kills to the chest, so no. Although other improvements could be made to it though (someone suggested being able to destroy mines/claymores with it, that sounded good, as well as more damage to jeeps).

G3: TOOOOoooo Innaccurate!!, EA have to set it as accurate as M16 at least or add a Barrel Grenade launcher. G3 has same firing power as AK101!!
            I agree this thing needs improvements, there isn't anything really good about it, and it's really more of a downgrade.

PKM: Uh, U have more chance to kill someone by throwiing rocks on them than using this..
            Technically in overall effectiveness the rpk is better than this, and there is really no reason to use the pkm in place of the rpk if you're MEC. Although it can be considered better than the USMC and Chinese mg's if you prefer to stay a little farther back.

Jackhammer: Didnt test yet, I know all unlock gun are weak, it should have 10 Gauge inside the loader in real life!
            Used it during the demo, seems fine for killing people. Probably what I'm gonna unlock next anyway.

L85A2: Nice scope but Not Accurate at all!! same accuracy as a m16 or ak101
            Can't comment, haven't used it much.
            DAO12: Use your time to reload, ill rate the damage to medium-high even it said its high, take 2 gauge to kill one, M117 takes 1 shot most of the time.
            This can easily be considered the best unlock, simply because it's so much better than the smg. Of course its weaker than the M117, because that is a pump-shotgun.

Keep in mind that the unlocks aren't suppost to be better, just different. While some like the DAO-12 may break this rule, DICE didn't intend for you to be more powerful after unlocking a weapon, just being able to play more effectively in a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by [LG]Cataclysm
              Ya, an unlock SHOULD be an improvement, but alas, EA won't do sh!t about it.
              No, an unlock SHOULDN'T be an improvement, it should be an ALTERNATIVE.

What do you know, most/all of the unlocks, as alternative weapons, are balanced very well! They don't need patching.

G36C : Loses Scope, Slight ROF decrease for best increase in accuracy. Is this balanced as an alternative? Yes.

M95 : Bolt action sniper with accuracy downgraded to that of an autosniper, gains ability to penetrate body armour and bulletproof glass. Is this balanced as an alternative? Yes.

G3 : Haven't played with this much. Loses Grenade launcher and 10 bullets per magazine for Hand Grenades and the highest damage per bullet for an automatic rifle. This is the hardest to call on whats a downgrade and whats an upgrade, but no one can deny it doesn't offer an alternative to the standard loadout, Hand nades vs launcher, fully automatic vs 3 shot burst etc.

PKM : I've unlocked this. Increased Accuracy, increased damage vs slower rate of fire, 100 rounds per box. Is this balanced as an alternative? Yes.

Jackhammer : I'll probably unlock this 3rd. Faster ROF than the pumps but less dmg per pellet. Little bit slower firing and reload than the Saiga12k but more damage per pellet. Is that balanced as an alternative? Yes.

L85A2 : Turns medic into Sniper/Medic role rather than Assault/Medic role.
              Gains good scope, fully automatic fire, best zoomed accuracy modifier of all the rifles but loses accuracy fast through automatic fire and less damage than the AKs. Basically this rifle can operate well at all ranges but does not excell at short range like say, an AK does. Is it balanced as an alternative? Yes.

DAO12 : My first unlock, deals much better damage than the SMGS but at shorter range and with a long reload time for all 12 shells. Is it balanced as an alternative? Yes.

Comment

sigh, even if the L85 isnt supposed to be better than the defaul weapons, its stats they tagged to it should atleast be accurate.

Comment

It is without debate, all unlocked weapons totally suck considering they are supposed to be an upgrade

Yes a patch is due ASAP

Comment

I don't freaking see why we play to get higher rank if the unlocks are just alternates? If i get to sergeant I want to unlock something better because I worked for it, not some alternate crap.

Comment

gosh* "balanced" weapons. They should make the stats and characteristics of the weapons and vehicles as realistic as possible. If you like bunny-hopping BFGs go play Doom 3 or something and leave military sims alone, there are too few good ones already.

Comment

Battlefield 2 is an Arcade shooter and has never pretended to be anything else, especially not a military sim! It's a game and as such requires things to be balanced for "gameplay"

I hear there are games that try to be more "accurate" like Americas army and Joint Ops. go and play them, I haven't, because I want to play an arcade shooter game that's fun, hence BF2.

All 3 sides can get flying cars that shoot laser beams for all I care about realism.

As for "alternate ********/I want an upgrade", It's designed that way so people new to the game aren't going to get their ass kicked because you've got some uber accurate fully automatic one shot kills gun and they're got the original peashooters. It's designed so that the unlock guns offer an alternate way to play the kits and be effective with them. It's a little bit more replay value in the game, now you can play anti-tank with a shotgun instead of a subbie, now you can play your favourite medic class with a rifle that's better at sniping than the other medic rifles.

If you want to "work hard for something and get rewards" go and play World of warcraft or some other MMORPG and enjoy your boring levelling up for some +1 sword of striking. How rewarding!

Comment

Originally posted by FM_Echo_One
                          Unlocked guns are an alternative, not better (as intended by DICE).
                          best answer.

Comment

Someone said here, if the weapons were upgrades, then new people would get owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Al3x
                              I don't freaking see why we play to get higher rank if the unlocks are just alternates? If i get to sergeant I want to unlock something better because I worked for it, not some alternate crap.

agree with you 100%. unlocks should be a slight upgrade. for all the work you put in, for a stupid alternate, (and most of them are worse) you should get an upgrade.

in terms of the new weapons (if they were upgraded) owning noobs, i really dont see that as a problem as the noob would get his first unlock after a measly 1000 points, and could easily unlock a better weapon for a class he plays most

Comment

Working...
                              X