Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omega 5.7 based ATi Drivers, or ATi's 5.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 5.7 based ATi Drivers, or ATi's 5.8?

Which one should I go for? Right now I'm using the Omega 5.7 drivers for my X800 XL AGP and it seems to beat ATi's 5.7 by a whole lot. My game would stutter with ATi's 5.7, but when I switched to Omega's, I had no problem what so ever. The game ran great. No black textures, no bugs.

So should I go for ATi's 5.8 Catalyst drivers, or stick with the Omega 5.7 drivers?

Re: Omega 5.7 based ATi Drivers, or ATi's 5.8?

I have the 5.6 drivers cause of the terrain corruption that 5.7 and 5.8 causes

Comment

Yeah, I read that in the other thread.

You should try Omega's drivers. I was very impressed with them aside from ATi's 5.7 drivers. I basically run the game on high and it runs smooth as hell. Just want to know if the ATi's 5.8 is going to make a bigger difference.

Comment

Are the corruption problems STILL big in 5.8?

Comment

for anything but an X800XT...ya

Comment

Originally posted by Ion
            Are the corruption problems STILL big in 5.8?
            Nope, all the corruption problems that I was experiencing (e.g. flashing textures, weird looking sandbag textures, black blocks over helo rotors, etc.) have ALL, I repeat, ALL been fixed by ATI's 5.8 drivers. This is probably ATI's best release yet, but I can't really speak from experience since I've only been using an ATI gfx card for the past couple of months now. I used to have Omega 5.7's, but I'm haven't had any probs with the 5.8's. If your concerned about the Catalyst Control Center and .NET being system resource hogs, then check out the ATI Catalyst section from Tweakguides.com. It's free and pretty informative. There's also a BF2 tweakguide in there as well.

Comment

When i tried the 5.7 Omega drivers, the control panel tabs would not allow me to adjust the D3D settings. I could click on "Custom" til i saw purple, but nothing would happen. It was like the whole tab just wasn't implemented. The ATT stuff worked. BUT in game the AA wouldn't work, no matter what combination i set. So i went back to ATI's 5.8 drivers, and don't have any issues. Seems to run fine for me (X800 XT PE).

Comment

Originally posted by FalloutYear
                Which one should I go for? Right now I'm using the Omega 5.7 drivers for my X800 XL AGP and it seems to beat ATi's 5.7 by a whole lot. My game would stutter with ATi's 5.7, but when I switched to Omega's, I had no problem what so ever. The game ran great. No black textures, no bugs.

So should I go for ATi's 5.8 Catalyst drivers, or stick with the Omega 5.7 drivers?
                If it ain't broke don't fix it mate..

Comment

Originally posted by Calibre
                  If it ain't broke don't fix it mate..
                  Damn straight. If it's running fine then don't, I repeat, DON'T change a thing. This game is so buggy you may hose it when you update the drivers and then not be able to get it back again.

Comment

im using 5.8 and theyre doing good for me

Comment

Working...
                    X