Best class to be when commander ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best class to be when commander ?

I was thinking last night while playing, what would your choice of class be to play whilst being commander ?

Engineer is good for those times you need to get off your bum and fix your assets when nobody else will do it and you want to save the resupply button for squads who really need it. However the engineer is often an easy target for marauding Spec Ops who frequently invade the main base area simply because they'll easily gun you down from a distance. When patch 1.03 is released and Spec. Ops will be getting points for destroying enemy assets, there will be a constant stream of them heading for the main base making a real job of defending the assets from attack.

Commanders seem to be the only ones left at the main base for defense as everybody else is off capping flags, or hanging around vehicle spawn points and then they race off to the front.

Thoughts ?

Re: Best class to be when commander ?

Support, big gun, lotsa ammo, nice armor

Comment

Anti tank so when your team is getting raped by a tank you go help them out.

Comment

Sniper, i usually hide on top of buildings.

Comment

Definatly engineer. Being able to repair your assets with both the supply crate and the wrench is too useful to pass up. Usually I go prone near the Radar/UAV site and keep those up with the wrench, and use supply crates to keep the Arty up. Unless the arty is constantly under attack, this usually allows you to keep all the assets up while still being able to give supplies to squads, rather than having to use the crate alone to keep things repaired and cutting off all supplies from the troops.

I never really had a problem taking out the spec ops with the shotgun. Usually theres a few buildings around the Radar and UAV so I can get close enough to kill them with it.

Comment

obviously the engineer kit is the best, since it seems that any engineers that are on my team dont bother to come fix the assets. I'm not saying that there arent players who play as engineer and don't fix the assets, but its just easier to go and fix it yourself rather than order a person to go fix it for you, since you really dont know when and if they are gonna repair the assets.

Comment

Engineer, just hide and use radar to see enemies approaching your base, and when they start to destroy assets , cap em and repair

Comment

engineer, yeah they are gonna attack when the patch comes out, just have to hide better now

Comment

This is a decision I still have trouble making...I like being on the front lines but...when I'm in back - engineer is usually a good way to go.

Comment

engineer for my part, stay in base and command like you should, if your stuf gets blown up, you repair it so tyour team doesn't have to do it and you can keep suplies for your team

Comment

Greetings

Engineer.

Comment

Engineer would seem to be the logical choice and i used to do that but lately i've been using my good ol Medic kit because it has a decent weapon and you can heal yourself but the biggest advantage to it is when you're in commander mode for some reason when your people die their names don't just dissappear they linger for some time and quite often it's difficult for me to tell weather or not they're dead or prone but when you're using the medic kit you can tell alot easier because of the life bars you see when someone is wounded or dead this isn't fool proof but in those instances where you can't tell you can just take a quick glimpse at the in game text

All this helps me avoid TKs from dropping arty on people who were prone although i do switch to engineer sometimes i usually have good people with me to help with that

Comment

Working...
                        X