Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on infantry speed / jump modding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on infantry speed / jump modding...

I have been playing with my own little insane-action mod (screw reality ), and have been trying to mod the infantry speed and jumping height.

So I got the infantry guys to move super quick, jump super high, but unfortunately they also die super fast . Unfortunately increasing your jump height doesn't increase your fall damage resistance accordingly, and for some reason when you run really fast you take damage from nothing, and hitting a wall or anything kills you instantly.

At about 3X player speed, you can walk without getting hurt, but if you sprint for more than a half second you take significant damage.

I saw someone made a stunt-man mod that got around this by simply giving the infantry a million or so hitpoints, but I still want to be able to kill the other guys in multiplayer

I played around with a few of the settings such as drag, mass, etc.. but it never seemed to help.

Is there some setting somewhere that says how fast you can run before you start taking damage (that makes no sense!) and how far you can safely fall?

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

The Fezman

Re: Question on infantry speed / jump modding...

You've got to modify the collision damage, it'll probably be in the "Common_Server" zipfile somewhere.

Comment

Maybe you have to play with the material settings.
      As you can see there's an damagemodification for "Tarmac" and "Human_body", the question is how is it related with speed and gravity. The friction may also have influence to the damage. If you get faster then the friction will have more influence per timeunit on your material.

materialManagerDefine.con:

Code:
      Material.active 4
      Material.name "Tarmac"
      Material.type 0
      Material.friction 1.2
      Material.elasticity 0
      Material.resistance 0.04
      Material.penetrationDeviation -1

Material.active 24
      Material.name "Human_body"
      Material.type 4
      Material.friction 1.1
      Material.elasticity 0
      Material.resistance 0.01
      materialManagerSettings.con:

Code:
      MaterialManager.createCell 4 24
      MaterialManager.damageMod 0.33
      mfg

Comment

Thanks for the advice, that should give me something to play with.

I'll report back if I get it working properly...

Comment

Wow... that worked perfectly I changed the damage mod for materials 23 / 24 / 25 on most of the non-vehicle materials to 0.000033 or such, and I was able to jump about 200 feet in the air and land without any pain noise at all. Running is also so fun now, although I think I'll make acceleration much slower since it's hard to shoot anyone else when they run around like crazy.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X