This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New un-official Leaderboard!

well i got sick of trying to be recognised as a decent player on leaderboards because they were always biased towards time played etc.

finalyl i found a properly designed leaderboard which has attampted to factor in many different statistics in order to produce a 'rating' which can determine good players fromt he rest regardless of time played.

"Rating is a rating based on several statistics for each player.

Score per minute is the most important. Then kill to death ratio, followed by small arms accuracy. Small bonuses are also given for rank and the number of medals won for finishing a round in the top three places."

enjoy.

Re: New un-official Leaderboard!

I call bullsh1t on your suggestion - score per minute can be heavily padded by jumping from Mashtuur map to Mashtuur map and leapfrogginh flags in the BH. Or by sitting in an APC on Karkand and camping spawn points.

No, score per minute is not a measure of skill. Try again.

Comment

the leaderboards are not based off total time played, it based off your global score, which is probably the best i think, making up a formula and using for a leaderboard is ok, but not sure how accurate that would be.

Comment

yeah it isnt perfect but if u get the top 32 overall leaderboard players on one team and the top 32 players from this leaderboard on another (i know theres double ups but ignore that, you know what i mean) and im pretty sure we all know who'd be the winner.

btw good work ass, you really seem to read before you post. like seriously i even made it bold for you, try again dude.

Comment

yeah and while your the medic pilot anybody who gets wounded and you get heal points and death assist points. And if your really homo you can still farm. You will never get accurate stats with all the lame homo's out there.

Comment

how can I see where I am on that list ?

Comment

Originally posted by MooJuice
              btw good work ass, you really seem to read before you post. like seriously i even made it bold for you, try again dude.
              Uh, I did read it. Score per minute isn't the most important. Which is what I said in my reply. So, uhm, thanks.

Comment

leaderboard for padders by the looks of it

oh..and the person who made it is #1...thats not at all convenient? designed a ranking so you're #1...

i'm sure i could come up with some ranking system where i'm #1...

lets try..

right..this leaderboard is a list of the best players with nick [F.E.A.R]Cicada:
                #1 - [F.E.A.R]Cicada

- ohh...look how great i am

Comment

finalyl i found a properly designed leaderboard which has attampted to factor in many different statistics in order to produce a 'rating' which can determine good players fromt he rest regardless of time played.
                  and your top of the board :laugh: nice try....

Comment

the leaderboard was designed and hosted all by gameslave themselves, i simply got told about it by a friend who mentioned a leaderboard which wasnt based purely around "life wasted"

ans as much as the whingers want to scream "this isnt important" or "that doesnt matter", i hate to say it but it IS the guy who can keep bringing down the enemies and capping flags faster then anybody else who will probably beat you in a 1 v 1 should it come down to it.

oh yeah and good work on everybody mentioning padders....ive played with almost all the guys on that board and they have something which is pretty unbelievable these days..yeah, thats right, its skill. just because somebody is better then you doesnt mean "OMFG HAXORS IT CANT BE TRU WHAT STAT WHORE PADDER FAGS"

ergh anybody know any forums where the real men play?

Comment

try
                      http://www.ilovetehc()ck.com/forums

Comment

holy crap im number 50 woot /sarcasm

Comment

i hate to say it but it IS the guy who can keep bringing down the enemies and capping flags faster then anybody else who will probably beat you in a 1 v 1 should it come down to it.
                          I don't hate to say that your ability to cap flags (i.e. run around the map and stand in various locations for 20 seconds, over and over) has nothing to do with your skill. And since flags play into score, the formula is fundamentally ridiculous.

Kills, sure. Revives, heals, resupplies, yes. I buy into those things. Score per minute is nonsense. But don't take it personally.

oh yeah and good work on everybody mentioning padders....ive played with almost all the guys on that board and they have something which is pretty unbelievable these days..yeah, thats right, its skill. just because somebody is better then you doesnt mean "OMFG HAXORS IT CANT BE TRU WHAT STAT WHORE PADDER FAGS"
                          Not sure anyone said anything quite that unsophisticated. Consider too that there are players out there who are WAY better than you and could eat your lunch in a firefight but aren't in that list because they don't have a higher SPM.

Here's a better question - do real men have to run around public forums posturing about scores in a game in order to feel validated and important?

Apparently.

Want a better formula? I've got one:

K : D + Accuracy + Vehicle kills while an infantryman + Flags defended + Revives/Heals/Resupplies = Real skill

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                            I don't hate to say that your ability to cap flags (i.e. run around the map and stand in various locations for 20 seconds, over and over) has nothing to do with your skill. And since flags play into score, the formula is fundamentally ridiculous.
                            takes 35 seconds to cap a flag by yourself, thats four points. not to mention its based largel on KILL TO DEATH RATIO you goddamn retard....you know flags dont count as kills??

Kills, sure. Revives, heals, resupplies, yes. I buy into those things. Score per minute is nonsense. But don't take it personally.
                            notice NASTIE_BUTLER, who has the highest flag cap score in the world and personally i think si an awesome player. but due to a shitty kill death ratio, guess what fool? he isnt ranked anywhere near the top.

basically this board has a focus on how many enemies you can kill as fast as possible, without getting owned yourself. bonuses also for coming first in servers and having a decent small arms accuracy.

Consider too that there are players out there who are WAY better than you and could eat your lunch in a firefight but aren't in that list because they don't have a higher SPM.
                            nah not really. you find somebody who can rush into the action, kill multitudes of enemies without dying, then come out and do it again consistantly in a short amount of time and match them up against somebody who can hang back and make a few good shots but once he's faced with multiple targets gets owned, and lets see who comes off second best. no prizes for guessing correctly.

do real men have to run around public forums posturing about scores in a game in order to feel validated and important?
                            no but decent players who CAN cash their checks in terms of skill but dont waste half their life sitting in front of a computer game may just want to be recognised. this is the first non time biased leaderboard i have seen, and i'd be open to any others you have in mind.

Want a better formula? I've got one:

K : D + Accuracy + Vehicle kills while an infantryman + Flags defended + Revives/Heals/Resupplies = Real skill
                            ah huh so basically using this formula, KD and accuracy are completely irrelevant while the total number of other points means everything. (eg the more life you waste on the game the highher your rank)

yeah, god i hate noobs. i'd like to see you on a server sometime, then we'll see whos all talk.

p.s. I know Joe Bell. hmmph.

Comment

Real skill is formulated as follows:
                              1. You must be able to TK 5 people per minute.
                              2. You must stat pad in every game.
                              3. Black hawk whore. Nuf said on that.
                              4. Always blow up empty vehicles so as the enemy and more importantly, your team mates can not use them.
                              5. Never give anyone a ride that is asking for one. And always try to give rides to snipers that dont want rides, if they dont get in, run them over.
                              6. Always argue on TBF2 forums, it adds +2 XP to your overall skill rating.

Comment

Working...
                              X