Reinstalling...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstalling...help

Since I have encountered an unresolvable bug in my game, I've decided to reinstall. But I'm worried...I don't know in which order I should reinstall my game. Well, obviously first install the actual game, but as for as patches go, I'm lost. Do I go straight to the latest, or should I go an install both patches in the right order? Please help.

Re: Reinstalling...help

bump....

simple, install both patches in order, go straight to the latest....come on people

Comment

JUst get the last one. It explains in the patch notes.

Comment

All patches releases contain information that was in previous versions.
        So 1.02 contains all the fixes that were in version 1.01.

Just uninstall the game/reboot/reinstall and patch to version 1.02.
        Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Yay for BF2's faults. Ok, so I go to Add/Remove in Control Panel, select BF2, hit remove, the little install wizard loading bar comes up, then my screen flashes green as if it had opened an uninstall dialog thing in a split second, then disappears just as quickly, and ba-boom, I'm back at my control panel and Add/Remove. Oh great, there's no uninstall executable in the BF2 folder either.

Now what?

I'm thinking I should just delete the BF2 folder, and perhaps the Add/Remove window will recognize its deletion, asking me if I wish for it to be removed. What do you all think?

Comment

bump......

Comment

Well, I went ahead and deleted everything I could find of BF2 on my HDD, and it still shows up on my add/remove with some files left somewhere I can't find. So I've come to the conclusion, **** everything BF2. If I ever reformat, I'll try reinstalling, but I'm not keeping my hopes up, because I expect something really ****ing stupid like this to occur again when I one day am able to reinstall. Thanks EA.

Comment

Originally posted by Malfy
                bump......

If people aren't helping you as fast as you'd like them to then try using the search button please

Just a quick search for 'uninstall' tells you how to do it properly.

Comment

Working...
                X