Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse sensitivity and Yaw and Pitch Factors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse sensitivity and Yaw and Pitch Factors?

Hi,

I am using a mouse and keyboard for all flying (helos and jets) and use a resolution of 1280 x 1024. I am assuming that increased mouse sensitivity means a greater movement of the vehicle from less movement of the mouse. However, what do the Pitch and Yaw factors do? As they're labelled as factors I assume that they might be some kind of multiplication of sensitivity (possibly)...?

So, what do people use for their aircraft and helocopter mouse settings? And what do the Yaw and Pitch factors really do?

Cheers

Re: Mouse sensitivity and Yaw and Pitch Factors?

I use .70 (less then 1) in the game settings, 6/11 in windows, and 5/10 for my Razer driver settings.

This is the best for aiming as infantry. It works well for me in planes/choppers too. you don't want your sens to be too fast, or you lose control.

Comment

I am not sure (about the mulitply part)
      but is at least effects the keyboard
      eg vehicles turn WAY faster with YAW increased
      (which are turned with keys)

Comment

The YAw factor seems to affect the roll of the helos and the jets, i.e. the mouse controlled part, a lot more than the actual keyboard-controlled turning. At least that's my preliminary take on things.

I'd imagine that for helos and planes the pitch factor is more important to have high, whereas the yaw (rolling) possibly not quite so sensitive?!

Any pros have any advice here?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo
          The YAw factor seems to affect the roll of the helos and the jets, i.e. the mouse controlled part, a lot more than the actual keyboard-controlled turning. At least that's my preliminary take on things.

I'd imagine that for helos and planes the pitch factor is more important to have high, whereas the yaw (rolling) possibly not quite so sensitive?!

Any pros have any advice here?
          yaw means making a level turn (ie same as twist)
          the mouse/joystcik controls roll (ie angle of bank)
          both (yaw & roll) unrelated,
          however, to turn the FASTEST, you yaw and roll at the same time, then when you are in a high angle of bank, you pull back on the stick
          (ie you are now 'pitching' in the direction of the desired turn)

Comment

Working...
          X