I use my minimap at least 50%
    especially when I hear enemy spotted

catch 2 red dots sneaking to UAV shack
    (ie good commander !)
    and he then puts UAV up right over us
    I swing around and get 2 instant kills
    (LAV rocks!!)

then before I can even turn back around and head north into town
    bam - 2 more red dots just appear in the middle of the UAV scan - I swing back around - not 3 seconds later
    and kill the SAME TWO GUYS ????
    and duh, even if not the same 2 guys, (as some of you might claim)
    red dots do NOT just appear in the middle of a scan

Re: please - do NOT say they spawned on Squad leader

they probably spawned on their squad leader.

Comment

maybe they dropped from a heli or plane since the LAV needs time to update itself

Comment

We just had rather bad night our server where we had what seemed like quite a few hackers present.

I observed this one. I was taking a flag when a defender came to stop me. I killed him and the flag went white. While the flag WAS WHITE he spawned right in front of me - same guy. A team mate was on the other team and could confirm that he was not in a squad.

In addition to this I observed a spec ops hurl a pack of C4 about 30 feet. I also saw a rapid fire M203 laucher!

I suspect many are using chams or wallhacks also but these are difficult to prove due to the UAV, scan and spotting abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONxMortlock
          I observed this one. I was taking a flag when a defender came to stop me. I killed him and the flag went white. While the flag WAS WHITE he spawned right in front of me - same guy. A team mate was on the other team and could confirm that he was not in a squad.
          i did that once, was really weird. spawned right behind 5 guys on the other team that were capping a flag. the flag was white before i spawned and they had almost capped it.

Comment

If they spawned on the squadleader, shouldn't you have had 3 red dots?

Comment

hmm, this is true..

Comment

Yes I had that once, I kill someone near a flag and 5 seconds later he spawns back next to me, of course I was surprized so he killed me very fast. At that time I couldn't believe in a hack but rather another bug of BF2 but the input from different people about this make's me thinking now.

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                  i did that once, was really weird. spawned right behind 5 guys on the other team that were capping a flag. the flag was white before i spawned and they had almost capped it.
                  Hmm, weird. Must be some kind of bug. I observed this at Mastuur City, North Eastern flag (the one where the USMC radar is). Where did it happen for you Glasseye?

I'm certain there was something fishy about the C4 guy though as he KNEW that the C4 was going to travel that far. He threw it at me!

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                    If this is true, then this just highlights exactly why EA/Dice should really reconsidor releasing an online game in this state. Cheats are one of the biggest problems in online gaming, this is especially true on a game with an official ranking system. In it's current state it is impossible to make a reasonable judgement on what is cheating and what might simply be a bug. How exactly are admins supposed to operate in such a community? Ban everyone whom they slightly suspect of cheating, knowing that it may well be a bug? Let every possible cheater off? Both options cause grief for the community.

Then it also raises the problem that intelligent hackers (I'm talking here about the guys that make the cheats) can start to mimic genuine bugs in their hacks; which can only cause more confusion for admins.

Comment

I had something similar happen awhile ago. I was in a firefight with a guy, killed him and was moving away when someone started shooting at me. It was the same guy, I killed him again and he just seemed to come back to life after about five seconds and killed me as I was a bit low on health by this stage. He was the only guy there, no medic or anything and we weren't at a spawn point.

Comment

Hmm, weird. Must be some kind of bug. I observed this at Mastuur City, North Eastern flag (the one where the USMC radar is). Where did it happen for you Glasseye?
                        happened on karkand, the trainwreck flag.

Comment

Hmm, weird. Must be some kind of bug. I observed this at Mastuur City, North Eastern flag (the one where the USMC radar is). Where did it happen for you Glasseye?!
                          I think this is a bug. Some flags in the game are bugged. Something similar happened to me last night. On Songhua Stalemate, the US came in and took the southern most flag I was defending, but on my map the flag was still Chinese, so I was able to respawn repeatedly, as where the USMC guys.
                          It was only after three or so respawns, and firefights, that I noticed the flag was fully US.

Comment

Invisible Medic?

Speed Medic?

Comment

Originally posted by leech
                              maybe they dropped from a heli or plane since the LAV needs time to update itself
                              duh
                              no helos on Karkand

Comment

Working...
                              X